Logos 4: Add Verses in Selected Text to a Passage List

mp|seminars Tips

Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos training seminars.

Sometimes you’ll find yourself wanting to make a list of Bible cross references from a resource like New Nave’s Topical Bible or The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. With Logos that process is very simple:

• Chose File | Passage List
  • Name the Passage List
  • In the resource, select (highlight) text containing Bible cross references
  • On the Passage List click Add | . . . selected text

All of the verses you highlighted in the resource are quickly added to your Passage List at the same time!

By creating numerous Passage Lists you can build your own collection of verses for various topics such as heaven, justification, holiness, etc!

Of course you can return to the File menu to reopen and edit these lists.

7 Responses to “Logos 4: Add Verses in Selected Text to a Passage List”

1. DON WALLACE January 3, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

Just proves, Logos is the best bible study of all time. I have been using logos since the first bible libary, in the early 90s i think and cant believe how they have treated me, they are the greatest.

2. Adam Navarrete January 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

Thanks for your kind words Don!

3. Rick Ratzlaff January 4, 2011 at 4:55 am #

I think this is the best part of my Bible study is Logos I have over 50 lists on the go.

4. eldkelley January 4, 2011 at 7:50 am #

Thanks, that worked well, but I did notice that it didn’t work from highlighted Passage Guide | Cross References.
    GeorgeT

5. Pedro January 4, 2011 at 7:58 am #

Great post. But let me ask you something. What is the difference between a resource like “The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge” and a thesaurus? Thanks.

6. eldkelley January 4, 2011 at 8:01 am #

Another comment: I am very glad to find that it works from highlighted commentaries verses and the like. This will be very useful in building a readable list from various sources on a particular topic or passage. GREAT!! I do not know how much time I have spent in copying verse list from commentaries to OneNote.
    GeorgeT
    Ps:
    Does anyone know why Passage List will drop some verses added to it (most often in long lists).

7. Jayson Bradley January 4, 2011 at 10:29 am #

The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge contains a remarkable number of Bible study aids in one place including tons of cross references and key words.
    A thesaurus is a dictionary of dictionary of synonyms and homonyms.