2010 Christmas Sale Starts Now!

12 Days of Logos, back by popular demand, has been underway for several days now. But that’s not all we have planned for Christmas this year.

More Christmas Sales!

Most of you are likely to find at least one great deal in 12 Days of Logos, but some of you may already own all the products being featured—or perhaps you’re just not interested in what we’ve chosen. So we came up with some more amazing Christmas sales just for you.

2,010 Titles for $2,010!

We’ve assembled a massive collection of 2,010 titles worth more than $61,000.00 in print, and we’re offering it at the insanely low price of only $2,010! At nearly 97% off retail and $1 per volume, this is the best deal we’ve ever offered—and it’s the biggest collection we’ve ever assembled. See the list of everything you’ll get. Warning: it may take you a while to get through it!

$2,010 vs. $172.50 for 12 Months

While $2,010 isn’t pocket change, as soon as this collection starts shipping (which could be as early as this Friday), you’ll be able to put it on a payment plan and spread the cost out over 12 months. If you want to use a payment plan, wait to place your order until it starts shipping. Don’t worry. The price will stay the same when it comes off Pre-Pub. This collection is probably one of the best ways you could spend your 2011 book budget.

Collections for Everyone

We realize that not everyone will be able to spend $2,010 on a collection—even with a payment plan. So we’re also offering four smaller collections:

These four collections don’t overlap with each other, so you could buy multiple collections without getting any duplicates. Even though the master collection is the best deal, all of these collections offer an amazing amount of content for the price.

50% Off Your Favorites

Have a more modest budget, or just want to be more selective? Don’t worry. We haven’t forgotten about you. All 2,010 titles included in the big collections are on sale—most individually and some in smaller collections. We’ve discounted them all by at least 50%, and there’s no limit on how many you can buy. Buy 1, 10, 100, or even 1,000, and take 50% off your entire order! No coupon codes necessary. Just add them to your cart and check out.

2,010 “New” Titles

Where did these 2,010 titles come from? Are they all new?

Technically, most of them aren’t brand new. But many if not most of them will be new to you.

Uncovering Buried Treasures

One of the new features on Logos.com is faceted browsing (the sidebar with all the categories that lets you stack various topics and facets on top of each other). It gives you incredible precision to find exactly what you’re looking for. Browse and filter by topic, resource type, author, publisher, Bible book, status, platform, and many more. As a result of this amazing new feature, many of you are discovering hundreds of titles that had previously been virtually invisible. In fact, most of them you probably didn’t even know we sold. Now that we have faceted browsing, we think you’ll be surprised at how many “new” titles you discover. The great news is that more than 2,000 of these gems are on sale for 50% off. See what buried treasures you can discover.

Breaking Up Collections

Most titles that go through our Pre-Pub program are in collections. That’s great for many people, but others are quite a bit more selective in what they buy. If that’s you, we’ve got good news. We’ve been splitting up most of our collections so you can purchase just the volumes you want. And we’ve included more than a thousand of these in this year’s Christmas special. Go find the ones you’ve been waiting for, and save 50% on your entire order.

20% Off Base Packages and Up to 20% Off Upgrades

And last but not least, we’re extending our special base packages and upgrades sale a little longer. If you don’t have a base package or are looking to upgrade to Platinum or Portfolio, now’s the last chance you’ll have for a while to get this good of a deal.

Good through the End of the Year

All of these specials are on right now and run through midnight on January 2. We intentionally chose to extend the specials into 2011 for those of you who need to tap into your 2011 budget.

Visit our Christmas Sale page for more information, and be sure to click the Like and Tweet buttons to let all your friends and colleagues know about the special Christmas sales.

FAQs

Several questions have come up, so I thought I’d address them here. Feel free to ask any other questions you have in the comments.

1. Is there a way I can see what I already own?
    Yes. All 2,010 titles in the master collection are also available for sale in our new Christmas Specials list. You can either filter out the titles you already own to see what’s left, or filter out the titles you don’t own to see what you have. This should help you evaluate how much of the content (if any) you already own and find the collection(s) that are best for you.
  2. I already own some of the content in these collections. Can I get an additional discount?
    We’ve priced the collections knowing that many of you will own some of the content included in these collections. Even if you own half of the 2,010-volume collection, it’s still an amazing deal. If you’re not convinced, you’re welcome to build your own collection and take 50% off your entire order!
  3. My 2010 book budget is spent? Can I put this on my 2011 budget?
    Yes. We intentionally extended the sale through midnight January 2 to allow you to take advantage of your 2011 book funds.
  4. Can I buy one or more of the collections using a payment plan?
    Absolutely. You can take up to 12 months to pay for your purchase. If you’re going to use a payment plan, you’ll need to wait until they come off Pre-Pub.
  5. The collections are currently on Pre-Pub. Why? And when will they ship?
    We’re putting the finishing touches on them, and we didn’t want to make you wait any longer to see what we’ve been working on for you. The collections are almost ready to go and could ship as soon as this Friday.
  6. When the collections ship, will the price go up?
    No. The price will not change after they ship and will stay the same through January 2, 2011.
  7. How long will all the sales last?
    The prices are good through midnight on January 2, 2011.
  8. How do I save 50% off the individual titles and build my own collection?
    We’ve gone ahead and changed all the sale prices for all the titles, so you can simply add them to your cart and check out. You don’t need to use a coupon code.
  9. Do you have a comparison chart of what’s in each collection?
    We’re looking into making an excel spreadsheet available that you can download and peruse. Check back later.

16 Responses to “2010 Christmas Sale Starts Now!”

1. Josh Wilson December 14, 2010 at 7:08 pm #

Feeling a bit dense tonight but I’m having a hard time understanding how to properly use the faceted browsing. How, specificially can I get it to show me all the discounted items minus the resources I already own? I only see ways to add resources to the filter. How do I subtract, say the Platinum base package for instance? Thanks in advance.

2. Jim December 14, 2010 at 7:36 pm #

Is there any way to sort the individual titles by Author? I’ve tried adding &sort=Author into the URL, but it has no effect.

3. Phil Gons December 14, 2010 at 8:45 pm #

You can’t sort by author, but you can filter by author using the facets in the sidebar. If you don’t see the author you’re looking for, you can also try searching for a particular author and then clicking on the Christmas Specials facet to see the books by that author that are part of the special Christmas sale. In the near future, we’ll have a page that will allow you to browse all authors.

4. Phil Gons December 14, 2010 at 8:46 pm #

Here are the links you want:
    The key is to add &unlocked=no or &unlocked=yes to the end of your search URL to show or hide products you already own.

5. Mike Johnson December 15, 2010 at 3:52 am #

Kudos to Logos for the 50% off of everything on the 2010 list. I saw several titles that I shall soon see in my library.
    Kudos to Logos for faceted browsing. I am passed the days when I will buy huge collections without considering each volume (not that I am against that, it is how I have so many books – but now I need to discern). So the faceted browsing helps me to find the one Pillar commentary I don’t own, etc.

6. tcblack December 15, 2010 at 5:14 am #

Thanks for the unlocked=no link Phil. Any chance we can have a “button” on the page that adds that for us in the future?
    Question:
    Why when I click the Christmas Specials List (http://www.logos.com/products/search?Specials=Featured) am I only seeing 1855 results? Shouldn’t I be seeing 2010 if all of the Master collection titles are in the list?

7. Jim December 15, 2010 at 5:27 am #

Thanks for the quick response. Maybe we could add sorting by Author to a future revision as an enhancement request.
    Blessings!

8. Doug December 15, 2010 at 5:41 am #

is there some way to check what I already own against the different levels of collections individually (say the 500 book collection) versus the 124 pages of books that come up when I clicked on the links given above?

9. Phil Gons December 15, 2010 at 9:06 am #

We’re working on the button. We want to make sure we have the right implementation for it and more accurate data before we push it out more broadly. But it is in the works.
    Good question. There are 2,010 volumes, but not all of those are available individually. A small percentage are still in collections, so there are fewer products/SKUs than volumes.

10. Phil Gons December 15, 2010 at 10:41 am #

Doug, great question. Currently not very easily. If we release a spreadsheet, you could probably export your library into it and highlight the duplicates, but this method won’t be perfect.

11. Doug Adamson December 16, 2010 at 1:13 pm #

any further progress on making a spreadsheet/comparison chart available. When I was selecting my base package, it was quite helpful to be able to compare and determine which level best fit my interests and needs.

12. Jayson Bradley December 16, 2010 at 1:35 pm #

Doug,
    Progress is being made. We will let you know when it is available!

13. Ben December 16, 2010 at 7:53 pm #

How come the page for all the collections contains the book titles and authors, but the Master Collection page contains only titles? That makes it really hard to search the page for the authors I like to see which books are in the collection. I know I can use the ?Specials=Featured search, but to just search text on the page would be much faster!

14. Gary December 23, 2010 at 4:59 am #

Hi,
    I am also hoping to see the comparison chart before I can make the final decision. Any progress?
    Thanks,
    Gary

15. Jayson Bradley December 29, 2010 at 10:53 am #

Gary,
    I don’t know if you have seen this thread yet, but Praiser has done a lot of work toward this end.

16. Doug Adamson December 29, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

While Praiser’s work is noteworthy and juding by the forum responses, for many, helpful, it does not, in my opinion, address the desire/need to be able to compare quickly and easily the contents of the different Christmas specials. The comparison page for the basic packages shows this comparison very clearly. Further, in a really helpful feature, it will highlight what resources I already have/would add if I move to a new level. I appreciate that the Master Collection will give this information–but that does not help we smaller-walleted purchasers who are trying to choose between the lesser collections.
    Given that the cut off for the sale is drawing near, I am doubtful that we will get such a comparison/spreadsheet for this sale. Perhaps the good elves at Logos could include it next year?