Logos 4: Display Page Numbers Inline

mp|seminars Tips

Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos training seminars.

A Logos user recently e-mailed me asking:

When I read a Logos resource I like knowing when I have gone to a new page. Is there a way to display page numbers in the text of the e-book?

The answer is YES! Here’s how to show them:

• Open a Logos resource
  • Click the Visual Filters icon (three circles) on the resource’s toolbar
  • Click Show page numbers

Now as you navigate through the resource you’ll see the page numbers right inline with the text!

Please Note: If Show page numbers is not listed in the Visual Filters options, then that Logos e-book does not currently contain page numbers.

9 Responses to “Logos 4: Display Page Numbers Inline”

1. Jeremy Tarbush September 6, 2010 at 1:51 am #

Great!!! That makes it easier to cite things on the fly.

2. Gary Shogren September 7, 2010 at 7:33 am #

This must be done with each individual book then…? It can be made the default option?

3. Gary Shogren September 7, 2010 at 7:33 am #

Fantastic – this beats what I had been doing!

4. Betty September 8, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

I would like to print out a few pages, so, I can have a copy of the commentary, as I study the bible. How can I do this.???

5. Fred Bosman September 8, 2010 at 6:21 pm #

I like the content and general layout of your website homepage. However I would like to suggest one change. You show all text in justified columns (flush left AND right), this results in terrible spacing of words and characters in many lines. Justified type does not work in small column width. My suggestion as a magazine and newsletter designer is to try flush left type. It will read much easier and look nicer. Often a thin vertical line is added in between the columns to maintain that “block” look, I don’t think you’ll need that.
    I just downloaded the Logos App on my iPad – Fantastic! Thanks.
    Fred

6. Milton Gregory September 10, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

Thanks. It sure makes a difference.

7. Milton Gregory September 10, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

Thanks. It sure makes a difference.

8. Diane Muir September 10, 2010 at 8:19 pm #

Ok … the timing on this couldn’t have been more perfect! My Greek professor was pushing everyone to purchase a hard copy of BDAG, telling us that the lecture notes, etc., would be citing page numbers and we would need to follow along. I KNEW that I had just read this blog post (but filed the fact that it was there away without reading the entire post). Came back, did a quick search, checked my BDAG on my Logos software and VOILA! Page Numbers.
    I love my Logos!!!

9. Adam Navarrete October 4, 2010 at 9:16 am #

Hi Betty,
    Highlight the section of commentary you want to print, then right-click and select Copy from the menu. Then in your text editor program, right-click and select Paste. This should copy the text you selected. You should be able to print as normal from there.