Navigating Bibles in Logos 4

navigating

One of the things I love about Logos 4 is how easy it is to navigate in Bibles. Are you aware of how easy it can be?

Let’s start assuming you’re in Romans 2:1.

Now, let’s say you want to move to Romans 2:22.

In the old days, you’d either have to re-type the whole reference (Ro 2.22) or you’d need to select the 1 with your mouse and re-type ’22′ over it. But now? Just type in ’22′ and Logos 4 assumes you mean verse 22 in the current book/chapter:

That’s pretty cool. What if you want to move to Romans 5:6, though? Just type in the parts of the reference that have changed (here “5.6″) and Logos 4 assumes you mean chapter 5 verse 6 in the current book.

You may also have noticed that I used a full-stop ‘.’ instead of the colon ‘:’ to separate verses. Either is fine. Logos 4 actually recognizes a number of different verse separators … even a space! So for the last example, you could have done ’5 6′. No more right-pinkie-finger extensions to hit the SHIFT key. That makes it even better!

8 Responses to “Navigating Bibles in Logos 4”

1. Randy August 19, 2010 at 5:12 am #

this may work in the Windows version of Logos 4, but it does not work (yet) in the Mac beta

2. Gwen Sheldon August 19, 2010 at 5:40 am #

I am fairly new to LOGOS but have enjoyed it so much. I teach adult ladies and really value the different commentaries, and teaching aides available. My favorite feature right now is the instant reference verses that pop up if I click on the Bible address!! I know I haven’t scratched the surface of all the information open to me, but I will!! Thanks again. Gwen Sheldon

3. Steve Maling August 19, 2010 at 7:34 am #

Hi, Rick,
    That IS easy. Also, I like to use the up/down arrows in the upper right corner to move from verse to verse (or chapter or article to chapter or article).
    Steve

4. Art Ford August 19, 2010 at 9:15 am #

It would be nice if it also worked in the “copy Bible verse” tool too.

5. james August 19, 2010 at 5:55 pm #

In Libronix 3 you could tab to get back up to the reference. That doesn’t seem to work. Is there another shortcut that does the trick? Hope to see a future blog post about that and maybe other keyboard shortcuts.

6. jon peterson August 22, 2010 at 2:56 pm #

I am enjoying getting to know my new software… SUCH an improvement on the Logos 2 I originally owned.
    The one thing it does not have that I think you ought to consider is a journalling aspect. Yes I know I can use “notes” or “clippings to approximate the functin, but since Logos 4 does everything else top drawer, why not the journal function as well.

7. Michael Jones August 24, 2010 at 3:50 am #

Randy,
    Sorry that didn’t work, but I performed the given directions on my mac and it worked. Logos, thanks for the insight…every shortcut is appreciated!

8. Judy August 25, 2010 at 7:07 pm #

I think a journaling feature is a really good idea, too!