Logos 4 for Mac Beta Released

Have you noticed everyone’s getting a Mac?

We sure have; Logos 4 for Mac has been in Alpha all year long, yet thousands of users have already made the switch. Undeterred by theft or theft, our Mac team has been putting out new Alpha releases every two weeks. And today I’m happy to announce we’ve hit Beta!

Logos 4 for Mac is working well, and we have most features of Logos 4 for Windows up and running on the Mac. (And in some cases running twice as fast!) Beta means we’re confident you can install Logos 4 for Mac and join the thousands already using it as their primary Bible study tool. The developers will be focusing on your feedback, fixing bugs as they are reported, and polishing the user interface.

Then we’ll add the minor missing features and make sure we’re in sync with the 4.1 features already in beta on the Windows side. Moving forward, our goal is simultaneous release of new features on Mac and Windows, and a seamless cross-platform experience for all your books and data: Windows, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and even the web.

To report bugs or get help, be sure to check out our forums, where you’ll find a strong user community and many of our developers hanging-out.

I hope you’ll join me in thanking our development team for their hard work and long hours. They’ve done an amazing job catching up to decades of Windows development in a very short time. And thank you for your patience; I trust you will find the result a blessing and an aid in more and better Bible study!

If you are interested in the beta for yourself, you can buy a Logos 4 base package, upgrade to Logos 4, or download the free beta and try it out. You’re going to be glad you did!

Comments

1. Dave Harp says:

Way to go team! It looks great and so far runs smoothly. I started using L4Alpha a couple of months ago when a friend encouraged me to try it. My fusion and Windows Vista kept crashing. I tried it and it has been very close to the L4 Windows platform. Since I ran the update it looks great, feels great and searches great. You have many, many Logos fans who have waited long days, months and years for this.
    Congrats for a job well done in spite of so many setbacks and break-ins!

2. paulTILLEY.net says:

Congrats guys/girls!

3. PRAISE JESUS! Beta is here! Great job guys! Thank you!

4. Donn Heinrich says:

Thank you for all your hard work at making Logos the best Bible software, not only for pc but also for MAC. I was so excited last night when I received the beta version update.

5. Bob Brooks says:

I am so excited aboutthe Mac Beta. I have been waiting to replace my desktop until this version came out because I did nto want to risk losing my Logos files and notes.
    Where do I find the instructions for converting and transferring my files. I can’t tell you how much Logos has done for my personal devotions and study. I can’t imagine living without it.
    BOB

6. Fantastic. Just in time for Camp Logos with Morris Proctor today and tomorrow. Press forward, Logos!

7. Donna Cazemier says:

I would like to thank you for working, updating so fast I can’t keep up with all of them, but I’m excited and want to learn how to use them, I need to find the time to listen to the video’s, but mostly have been exploring.
    I just downloaded beta 1, do I download another beta? I had been having trouble with Logos shutting down, I know how to send the log, so I’m excited this morning to see if the up date fixed my problem. We are on Safari 5 now, which I’m sure you all know.
    Thank you again for all the work you do. I love Logos!
    Donna Cazemier

8. Erik Spohr says:

Great job on the Beta! Thanks for all your hard work to make Logos for Mac such an indispensable tool for Bible study. Cheers!

9. Tony Laughter says:

Hello:
    As a current MAC User I am so excited about the progress LOGOS has made to bring us into their BETA world. 6 months ago I expressed frustration with the lack of speed making the LOGOS 4 MAC friendly. They were good in reaching out to me with their empathy and with their dedicated plan to relieve some of the frustration. The rapid and consistent updates and the eventual Beta achievement translates into one word: Integrity! Thanks, LOGOS for listening and building communication tools to keep us in the loop.

10. Josh Gunter says:

The best bible software around, and now it is on a Mac.

11. tcblack says:

Congratulations to all the MAC users out there. I’m glad you’re making progress and can’t wait to see what happens with Logos once full parity is achieved and MAC goes gold.
    Just imagine all those programmers free to work on the special requests. :-)

12. This is indeed a great day. Logos for Mac has come a long way since the release of 1.0. Thanks for listening to Logos users who work on the Mac platform!

13. Great job, guys. I’ve been using the Mac product (L4-Alpha) since January, and found it useful from the start. I will never look back. The Alphas got me through a semester of teaching Bible school… in Spanish! I am looking forward to the Betas and Beyond! God bless you guys… and thanks!

14. hey guys! thank you for all of your hard work and persistent effort in making Logos4 the best Bible study tool. I am a glad and satisfied owner of the logos4 mac beta and I commend and applaud the developers and company as a whole, great job truly this is a blessing thanks again

15. Bob and team, you guys have really raised the game in cross-platform development, and what you’ve done on the Mac side is just stellar! I’ve been using it since the early alpha, and the improvements have clearly accelerated.
    I have one comment about it, given those of us who may have both the Windows and Mac versions on the same system: could you please make it to that one location for the resources will work for both versions? Pretty please?
    Thanks, again!

16. Great news! Keep up the wonderful work!

17. David Kerridge says:

Thanks for all your hard work. I hope, DV, Logos 4 for Mac goes from strength to strength. It seems to be working well for me at the moment and I hope to use it almost exclusively once the full release comes. I still need to find time to do some training to discover all the capabilities. Well done and God bless.

18. Robert Nowell says:

I want to thank the team for all their hard work and join everyone is praying for God’s continued blessings on you and your work. In my Ephesians class today, we were studying submission in chapter 6. We went over how our attitude towards our work is to be as though we are doing it for Jesus. Interesting to consider when we remember Jesus’ words in encountering Paul on the Damascus Road… ‘Why are you persecuting me?”. It really makes me think… Thank each of you again for all your labor!!!!!!
    May God bless you as you work as unto Him. Ephesians 3:20-21

19. I too wanted to say thank you!! I’m very excited!!

20. While I am grateful for the release of Mac Beta, I am sure it was only because my pastor/teacher just got his first Mac that Beta was actually released, while I’ve been a Mac user for the last three years… ;)

21. Maynard Sweigard says:

Will those of us who have been using the Alpha version receive and update automatically?

22. Bruce Williams says:

Have tried to download the free beta, but after several attempts, it continues to hang up. As of now, I have been downloading it for more than three hours. It starts out fast – now down to 2.5 KB/sec and tells me that there are three hours and thirty-three minutes left! Is there another download link for the beta? I am running high speed Internet, so the download of 70 MB should only take a couple of minutes.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

23. Sandy Douglass says:

Thanks…been using Logos since 1996, at Asbury. Loved it in Windows, not so much in Mac. Still, I expect to enjoy the new Beta and can’t wait for the final version.

24. Looking forward to this. I moved from Mac, and bought a WinXP laptop in 2003 just because of Logos. When the pentium duocore macs arrived, I switched back and ran winxp in under parallels and fusion just for your software. I’m hoping that you bring it along so that it’s as full featured as the windows version, and then I can wean off windows altogether.

25. Donna Cazemier says:

I’m really enjoying studying on LOGOS, with all the new stuff!

26. I have had both Mac and PC’s and still use both at work. I stick with the PC because you can get twice the computing power for the buck. I hope that by the tone of the blog that they windows version will take a back seat. While there are many other good alternatives out there to choose from I would hate to have to learn a new system.

27. Oops, should have said that I hope the windows version DOES NOT take a back seat.

28. Timothy Brown says:

If I have Logos 4 for my PC, will I have to purchase the MAC version?

29. Your blogs usually have got a decent amount of really up to date info. Where do you come up with this? Just stating you are very innovative. Thanks again

30. is there a reason that when I open my library, I have to select the source with my mouse and that I can’t move onto the sources using the arrow keys, as with my PC version of the program? Do I need to adjust a setting or what? I have Beta 11 for Mac.
    Thanks.