Build Your Library for Less!

Community Pricing

Today’s guest post is by Sarah Wilson, on the marketing team.

Logos has always been about providing the best quality in Bible study resources. One of the ways we do that is through our Community Pricing program, where our customers set the price for various titles and collections. We’ve had many deals throughout the years through Community Pricing, but the one that has everyone excited is The Greater Men and Women of the Bible, which is about to close this Friday.

Community Pricing allows you to set the price! Here’s how it works:

After estimating the cost of production, we provide a price range for you to bid for how much you would pay for a particular item. Simply click on a dollar amount on the graph to place your bid. Once there are enough bids, we can start producing the book. With Community Pricing, the more people who bid, the lower the price for everyone.

Retailed at $209.95, The Greater Men and Women of the Bible is currently set for $15 though it will likely cross around $12, an astounding sale for a massive reference work. Other titles that have started out as Community Pricing products include the R.A. Torrey Collection, which went for $15 on Community Pricing, was $69.95 on Pre-Pub, and now sells for $119.95.

The Greater Men and Women of the Bible contains over 3,000 pages of information, a huge resource for sermon illustrations, character study, and personal devotions. With the current Community Pricing title, this is simply the best deal available anywhere on this classic reference work. After Friday, it will become a Pre-Pub title, and the price will go up, so bid now to lock in the best price ever.

If you are looking for more info on Community Pricing make sure to check out the About Community Pricing page, as well as Phil Gons blog A Bidding Strategy for Community Pricing!

With amazing deals all the time on our Community Pricing page, you are assured the best resources at incredible deals that can’t be beat anywhere else. It features historical and theological works that are essential to your library. All you have to do is click on the price you would pay. It’s that easy! What are you waiting for? Come on over to the Community Pricing page and build your library for less!

11 Responses to “Build Your Library for Less!”

1. Shawn Drewett July 15, 2010 at 10:30 am #

Barnes Commentaries, please………bid! Over 10,000 pages of great commentary!!!

2. Jim Oesterwind July 15, 2010 at 12:36 pm #

This is a really great way to build your library. Let me put in a plug for Barnes’ Notes on the Old and New Testaments. http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/2132
    I’m a conservative, fundamental Baptist. I mention this so that you understand that even though Barnes was on the liberal side of the spectrum, you will profit greatly from this set. Some of the language is very illuminating and the explanations clear and concise. Please consider bidding on this great work.
    Jim

3. Andy Anderson July 15, 2010 at 6:09 pm #

Great write-up Sarah! You convinced me to participate in this offering. It’s a great deal for quite the content!
    Andy

4. Doyle Boutwell July 17, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

I bought the Scholar’s Edition og Logos 4 on the Charles Stanley Cruise to Alaska this week. I just returned from the cruise and installed the software and cannot find the King James Version of the Bible. Please tell me I am missing something here and it is my mistake! If it is not my mistake, I want a full and immediate refund of my purchase price. I find it incredulous that you would not include the King James Version of the Bible in your most basic versions and certainly in your more advanced version.
    Doyle Boutwell

5. John Olubobokun July 18, 2010 at 6:02 am #

Just returned from three weeks holiday with either intermittent or no email access, to discover that the community pricing on “The Greater Men and Women of the Bible,” closed on Friday, two days ago. Please extend the bidding for a couple more days for people like me. It would be a great help indeed. Thank you kindly. John Olubobokun

6. David Macer July 21, 2010 at 10:02 pm #

I’ve been trying to bid on this, but it is still not listed on the community pricing page???
    When will it be listed?

7. Tudor Lance July 23, 2010 at 8:26 am #

Community pricing gets great deals, but have yet to have any of the bids I won be made available. Its been months for some of them. Having this tool available is great, but how long does it take to produce anything?

8. Pastor Ron July 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

I also can’t get to this. I wanted to bid on it.

9. Doug Olson July 24, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

I am a great example (unfortunately) of what you have blogged about here. I had no idea how community pricing worked nor did I really try to find out. I have picked up 2 works in the last 10 days extremely cheap, because of the article by Sarah Wilson from the marketing team on my Logos desktop. There has to be a way to let more people know about this amazing opportunity!
    I wrote the above on community pricing forum. I hope you can find a way to let more peole know about this opp.
    Thanks to Sarah for the heads up I am a little slow sometimes.

10. Deborah Mickens August 23, 2010 at 1:56 pm #

Doyle,
    In looking at the collection you own, you should have access to the KJV. The best thing to do would be to call our Customer Support team as they will be able to check into this for you. They are available from Monday to Friday from 6am-5pm Pacific Time.

11. Deborah Mickens August 23, 2010 at 1:59 pm #

John,
    The best thing to do in this case would be to call our sales team at 800-875-6467 and they will let know what they would be able to do in this case. They are available Monday-Friday from 6am-5pm Pacific Time.