Logos 4: Set Your Calendar Devotional for the Home Page

mp|seminars Tips

Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos training seminars.

You’ve probably noticed in the main body of your Logos 4 Home page, Today’s Reading from a calendar devotional appears. Did you know that you can pick which devotional appears?

Here’s how:

• Click the Library icon (book) in the upper left corner of the program
  • Select Prioritize in the upper right corner of Library pane
  • In the Library’s Find box, enter this text: type:calendar to display all of your calendar devotionals
  • Drag and drop the devotional you want on the Home page to the Prefer these resources list in the right hand pane

13 Responses to “Logos 4: Set Your Calendar Devotional for the Home Page”

1. Dorothy Obenski June 28, 2010 at 4:32 am #

There seems to be no “Prefer these resources list in the right hand pane” or even a right hand pane. I’m confused.

2. Pastor Aaron Baldridge June 28, 2010 at 1:31 pm #

I tried this and it didn’t work on my computer. Any suggestions?

3. Peggy McAulay June 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm #

Hmmmm didn’t work. There are three in my display. I tried to replace one of these with a different devotional. Followed the above procedure but still have the same 3 devotionals. Not sure what I have missed. Any suggestions?

4. nelson rivera June 28, 2010 at 5:17 pm #

i did as you said ,but it showed up no resources,and i know i have more than one devotional

5. Lee June 29, 2010 at 10:53 am #

I did as instructed to choose my devotional. It went to the PREFER THESE RESOURCES list, but does not show up on my Home page. Then again, TODAY’S READING from a calendar devotinal in not on my Home page. Any suggestions? Thanks.

6. Jim Hodge July 1, 2010 at 6:48 am #

I love Logos 4.0!! It has greatly encouraged me in my ministry. Question: Your recent blog about setting the daily devotional on the Home page says to do this in the main body that says, “Today’s Reading”. I must be missing something because I don’t see that I have anything labeled “Today’s Reading”. Help….
    Jim Hodge

7. Adam Navarrete July 1, 2010 at 9:27 am #

Hi Dorothy,
    Start by clicking on the book icon at the top-left in Logos 4. A drop down list of resources will appear, and in the top-right corner, you should see Browse and Prioritize. Click Prioritize and a new column will appear that says Prefer these resources.
    Now, in the Find box, type type:calendar (with no spaces). The list of resources will now show only resources that are tied to a calendar, such as daily devotionals. Click and drag a title from the left column into the Prefer these resources column on the right, and arrange them as desired.
    When you’re done, return to the home screen. You won’t immediately see the changes, but your preferred resources will start appearing, though not exclusively. To force the changes now, you can refresh the home page content using the Customize options on the bottom-left of the Home Page. Click Customize, and in the Content section of the pop-up window, uncheck a few of the items, while leaving Devotionals and Excerpts checked. The home page will go white as it refreshes, and should return with minimal content, including readings from the resources you preferred in the earlier steps. Now, recheck the Content items you want included on the home page, like the Logos blog and Logos News, and you’re set.

8. Adam Navarrete July 1, 2010 at 9:35 am #

Peggy,
    It sounds like all the steps worked, but once completed you didn’t see a change in the home page, is that correct?
    If so, to force the changes, you can refresh the home page content using the Customize options on the bottom-left of the Home Page. Click Customize, and in the Content section of the pop-up window, uncheck a few of the items, while leaving Devotionals and Excerpts checked. The home page will go white as it refreshes, and should return with minimal content, including content from the resources you preferred in your earlier steps. Once you see the new content, recheck the Content items you want to appear on the home page.

9. Adam Navarrete July 1, 2010 at 9:45 am #

Nelson,
    Make sure that when you typing type:calendar into the Find box, that there are no spaces. A space on either side of the colon will yield no results.

10. Adam Navarrete July 1, 2010 at 10:00 am #

Hi Lee,
    If your preferred devotionals have not appeared yet, check to make sure they are not on the second or third page. On the bottom-right of the screen, you will see 1 of 2, or 1 of 3, if there is additional content that would not fit on the first page.
    If on the additional pages you are still not seeing the content, you can refresh the home page using the Customize options on the bottom-left of the home page. Click Customize, and in the Content, section of the pop-up window, uncheck a few of the items, while leaving Devotionals and Excerpts checked. The home page will go white as it refreshes, and should return with minimal content, including content from the resources you preferred in your earlier steps. Once you see the new content, recheck the Content items you want to appear on the home page.

11. Rich July 3, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

I am feeling really ignorant here. I am a new user and for the life of me I can’t find “Prefer these resources” in the right pane? Help anyone?

12. Adam Navarrete July 26, 2010 at 10:31 am #

Hi Jim,
    If you have not seen this appear yet, check your Customize settings in the bottom-left corner of the Home page. Look for Devotionals and put a check in the box. Devotionals, along with the Book of the Day, are the ones that appear with a blue background and a calendar thumbnail with the month/date.

13. Linda August 5, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

I love this tip! Now is there a way I can arrange how everything appears on my home page? I would like my devotionals on the first page & some of the other items later but it seems to place them randomly.