It’s Hard to Keep a Good Company Down

Update

On Friday, June 11, 2010, we had a robbery at our Mac satellite office in Bellevue, Washington. By breaking into the strongbox on the outer wall of the building, the thieves were able to get the fire department’s master key to let themselves in. When the cleaning crew discovered the break-in early Sunday morning, all of the computers were gone.

As inconvenient as this was to the Mac development team, it could hardly be considered a set-back. The machines had no access to corporate servers so there was no risk of data loss and—because it happened over a weekend—most of the developers had uploaded their code to the main office in Bellingham.

David Mitchell, the Mac team leader, was in the Apple store early Monday afternoon picking up new machines and we were back in business in no time!

The latest Mac release is looking really good and you can download the latest release (Alpha 22) right here.

Comments

1. I hope the police are able to track down who did this.

2. Dennis Bean says:

I regret you were robbed and I relieved that this incident will not set-back the development of Logos for the Mac. Logos 4 is a great product that I use on my PC. Once Logos for Mac is fully developed I will be a MAC only user.

3. Christopher Johnson says:

Looks like the Enemy doesn’t want you to finish the project(s).
    Keep up the great work y’all!
    Be blessed… be a blessing,
    Rev. Chris Johnson

4. Philana Crouch says:

I’m glad you were able to get it back up and running! The Mac version is coming along nicely, I am excited to see what the next alpha entails.

5. Are you sure it wasn’t the developers just figuring out a way to get new machines? :-)
    Joking aside…I’m glad the effect was minimal…my thanks to God for not allowing it to be catastrophic.

6. The secret Mac rapture. Good thing PCs are post-trib (maybe even a-mil)!
    Seriously–sorry that you were robbed. You guys do great work!

7. Very sorry to here it. Glad you are up and running though I’m sure it’ll cost you a few days to get everything tweeked the way you had it before. I’m sure most, if not all, will understand if the next alpha build gets delayed a week.

8. Eric Fary says:

What a shame! Someone stealing Bible Software. Sorry for the loss. Hopefully, these theives will be caught. Whether they are vandals or reverse engineering hacks, God knows who they are! Sympathies for you hard-working Mac guys and the company as well!

9. Don Randolph says:

Proverbs 6:31 But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
    Hope they catch the culprit.

10. Susan Quigley says:

Keeping one step ahead of the bad guys – that’s because you are in God’s grace – God knows your worth to Him and to us. Take a deep breath blow it out and start anew God’s got your back.

11. Love the Mac version even as it stands today–what a help it’s been to me! I can only imagine what the future will bring as you guys roll out those NEW MACS! Keep up the great work… and thanks!

12. what a drag!
    I’ve been a PC user for years…recently converted to the MAC…and still loving the alpha versions…thanks for your hard work on this!
    congrats on the new computers!

13. Xavier Javier says:

It is sad to hear such news. On the other hand, maybe God wants to use your computers so that the thieves can start reading God’s words to enlighten them!

14. Rev Rick Ivey says:

I pray that the people who have these machines feel the power of God every time they touch them. That they see there need for Christ. God’s work will go on!!