Logos 4: Open Multiple Copies of the Same Resource

mp|seminars Tips

Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos training seminars.

One of the advantages of Logos 4 e-books over their print counterparts is that you can open multiple copies of the same e-book. Here’s one way to open additional copies of a resource:

• Open the desired book from the Library
  • Right-click on the tab of the open resource
  • From the right click menu select Open a copy in a new tab

With the new copy open you can now navigate to a different location in the resource or set it as your Cross Reference Lookup Bible!

11 Responses to “Logos 4: Open Multiple Copies of the Same Resource”

1. gerald undeerwood April 12, 2010 at 10:58 am #

i have two monitors hook up to my computer. is there a way to move the content to the other monitor?

2. Adam Navarrete April 13, 2010 at 8:45 am #

Hi Gerald,
    Logos 4 supports multiple monitors. Right-click on the tab of the resource you want to move to your secondary monitor and select Open in a floating window. Then, drag the floating window to the other monitor.

3. john worsham April 13, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

When, if ever, will we be able to print from commentaries ect. I would hope that I have not bought a program that does not have that capability. I also have Sword Searcher program a much cheaper product and you can print from Bible, Commentaries, Books ect, any resource can be printed for use in lessons, sermons, study groups.
    Please reply.

4. Adam Navarrete April 14, 2010 at 8:35 am #

Hi John,
    Better printing support is one of the items on our list of Features Coming Soon. The plan is to release it in an update the second quarter of this year. Please note that our decision to defer features from being included in the program at launch time was based on feedback statistics that reveal what percentage of users actually use a feature, and on how much redesign was required.
    We are fine-tuning the software and making improvements based on customer feedback and discussions in the Logos Community Forums. You’ll receive all of these updates automatically—as long as you have your program setting set to automatically update.

5. Steven Oliver April 17, 2010 at 1:16 pm #

I’ve always printed by Copy & Paste to a word processor (Word from Ofc 97).
    I’ve just never bothered to print from Logos. The footnotes appear with the test.

6. Kenneth Hart April 18, 2010 at 11:10 am #

I use personal book builder all the time for my classes. How do you use it in Logos 4?
    Ken Hart

7. John H April 18, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

Is there any way you could save the indexing of resources so that my computer doesn’t have to spend multiple hours ‘indexing’ every time I do an update?

8. Adam Navarrete April 19, 2010 at 8:34 am #

At this time, Personal Book Builder (PBB) remains a Logos 3 (Libronix) tool. Although I cannot comment about how it will function in Logos 4, our Features Coming Soon to Logos 4 article does put PBB in our second quarter update list.
    Until then, as you may already know, you can run Logos 3 and Logos 4 side-by-side until PBB is integrated into Logos 4.

9. Adam Navarrete April 19, 2010 at 9:04 am #

Hi John,
    We do have a user-wiki that provides instructions for Quick Installation onto multiple computers. I believe you would want to follow Method 1. Please note however that the method provided is not supported by Customer Service. If you are not confident to do this, then seek advice in the Logos Forums.

10. Douglas Smith April 20, 2010 at 12:57 am #

One of the features I like in the Libronox library system is the ability to copy and paste comments from commentaries along with bible verses.This feature is not available in the Logos Bible Software 4 as yet. In my opinion this is an essential feature and would make a great programme unbeatable.

11. Adam Navarrete April 20, 2010 at 8:40 am #

Hi Douglas,
    If you haven’t seen our Features Coming Soon article, we do plan on releasing an update second quarter 2010 that will bring better printing support to Logos 4. Stay tuned to the blog and make sure your program settings are set for automatic updates so you can get the new features as soon as they are released.