Last June, Dan walked into my office and said, “I want to do a Bible giveaway… a huge Bible giveaway.” We talked through the details, called some of our publisher friends, and a few weeks later launched a six month promotion in which we gave away 78 ultra-premium Bibles, worth over $12,000.
The response to the promotion was overwhelming, with thousands of people participating. One of the highlights for me was contacting the winners every month. Numerous times I got to hear stories of people who were so very blessed by the promotion. One email I received was from a preacher who had won the NASB Large Print Bible. He wrote, “This Bible will go to good use as my vision is failing (even though I am only in my 30′s) and I have been struggling reading from my NASB as I preach.” It brought me such joy to send him his Bible.
While we only had 78 people selected as winners in the Great Bible Giveaway, in a way everyone is a winner. The whole purpose of the giveaway was to introduce people to our online Bible. During the promotion, we saw site traffic and usage of Bible.Logos.com increase by more than 20% and many people sent in emails thanking us for sponsoring the promotion because it was through the giveaway that they learned about the site.
One More Bible to Give Away
During the course of the giveaway, one of our winners sent his Bible back and asked that we give it away to another person. So, honoring his request, here’s one last chance to win. Leave a comment on this blog post with your favorite Bible verse. On Monday (Jan 18) we’ll select a winner at random from the comments.
NOTE: Our randomly selected winner is Billy Stevens. While you can no longer enter to win, please feel free to continue posting your favorite verses in the comments below.
- 1 ESV Study Bible, Black Calfskin (Retail $239.99) from Crossway (winner: E. Amerman)
- 6 HCSB Legacy Bibles, Black Genuine Leather (Retail $100) from B&H Publishing (winners: J. Rozema, G. Stadler, R. Mills, A. Manning, M. Macaluso, and D. Mora)
- 1 KJV Cambridge Premier Concord Reference, Black Goatskin (Retail $199.99) from Cambridge Bibles (winner: R. DuBois)
- 1 NASB In Touch Ministries Wide Margin Edition, Burgundy Calfskin (Retail $149.99) from Lockman Foundation (winner: P. Robin)
- 1 NASB Large Print Ultrathin Reference, Black Calfskin (Retail $149.99) from Lockman Foundation (winner: D. Buckham)
- 1 NASB Side Column Reference Wide Margin Special Limited Edition, Black Calfskin (Retail $149.99) from Lockman Foundation (winner: J. Swain)
- 1 NIV Archaeological Study Bible, Venetian Brown Renaissance Fine Leather (Retail $109.99) from Zondervan (winner: A. Beaver)
- 1 NIV Study Bible, Black Renaissance Fine Leather (Retail $124.99) from Zondervan (winner: A. Bartlett)
- 1 NIV Study Bible, Burgundy Goatskin ($229.99) from Cambridge Bibles (winner: E. Hernandez)
- 1 NKJV UltraThin Bible Signature Series, Tan Calfskin (Retail $129.99) from Thomas Nelson (winner: A. Dobuss)
- 2 NLTSB Tyndale Select, Black Calfskin (Retail Unavailable) from Tyndale (winners: J. Hoffman and D. Larson)
- 1 TNIV, Black Renaissance Fine Leather ($99.99) from Zondervan (winner: R. Irvin)
A very special thanks to Crossway, Cambridge, Lockman Foundation, Zondervan, Thomas Nelson, Tyndale, and B&H Publishing for working with us to make your beautifully crafted Bibles available for this giveaway!