Over the last two months, we’ve talked a lot about reasons you should upgrade to Logos 4, like
- the incredible introductory prices
- regular free updates with new features
- access to most of your books on our free iPhone app
- the ability to use your new resources in Logos 3
- cool new features in Logos 4 like faster searching, self-updating collections, phonetic searching, automatic updating, search visual filters, the all new Home Page, and many more
But one thing we haven’t really talked about in much detail yet is the absolutely amazing deals you get on some of the best Christian books on the planet with our base package upgrades. Here’s what I want to argue in this post: there are many great reasons to upgrade, but the most compelling reason—at least in terms of value—is the hundreds of new top-quality books you’ll get for an unbelievably low price.
I’ve worked here at Logos for just over two years now and was an enthusiastic customer for three years prior to that, and as someone who loves to find and get a good deal, I can assure you that they don’t get much better than this. Let me illustrate this with some of the resources you’ll get when you upgrade and a little number crunching.
Crossgrading from Scholar’s 3 to Scholar’s 4
Let’s say you own Scholar’s Library for Logos 3 and you’re considering moving to Scholar’s Library for Logos 4. Did you know that you’ll get more than 180 new resources for only $127.50 (or even less*)? That’s $.70 per volume. Here are just a few examples of the titles that you’ll get:
- Holman Reference Collection (13 Vols.) $149.95 (Pre-Pub special)
- Opening Up Commentaries (30 Vols.) $189.95 (Pre-Pub special)
- The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church $150.00 (sale)
Did you know if you bought just these 44 volumes by themselves, it would cost you $489.90 (or $669.90 after the two on Pre-Pub ship)? If you crossgrade for only $127.50*, you’ll get these 44 titles plus more than 136 others for $362.40 (or $542.40) less! That’s about 1/4 of the price for 4 times as much content! And that doesn’t even include all of the databases and features in Logos 4. So when we say you’re getting an incredible deal when you upgrade, we mean it.
But the further up you go, the more amazing the deals get.
Upgrading from Scholar’s 3 to Scholar’s Gold 4
Let’s say that instead of just crossgrading from Scholar’s 3 to Scholar’s 4, you upgrade to Scholar’s Gold 4. Did you know that you’ll get more than 650 new resources for only $720 (or even less*)? In addition to the 180+ titles that I mentioned above, you’ll also get top-notch titles like
- Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible (4 Vols.) $139.95
- The Context of Scripture (3 Vols.) $299.95
- Early Church Fathers (37 Vols.) $249.95
- The Encyclopedia of Christianity (4 Vols.) $389.90
- The Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (3 Vols.) $139.95
- God, Revelation, and Authority (6 Vols.) $139.95
- Holman New Testament Commentary (12 Vols.) $149.97
- Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament (10 Vols.) $119.95
- New American Commentary (37 Vols.) $677.89
- The New International Greek Testament Commentary (13 Vols.) $618.27
- The United Bible Societies’ New Testament Handbook Series (20 Vols.) $399.95
- The United Bible Societies’ Old Testament Handbook Series (21 Vols.) $400.00
That’s an amazing amount of quality content. If you do the math, you’ll notice that these 170 volumes would cost you a whopping $3,725.68 if you purchased them all separately—and that’s at our sale prices, not full retail. If you upgrade for only $720*, you’ll get these 170 volumes plus nearly 500 others for $3,000 less than it would cost you to buy just these 170 volumes separately. Wow. That’s about 1/5 of the price for almost 4 times as much content! And, again, that’s not even including all of the databases and features in Logos 4!
Upgrading from Scholar’s 3 to Scholar’s Platinum 4
By now I think I’ve made my point—our upgrades are amazingly priced for the amount of quality content you get. But I’ll take it one step further. Let’s look at upgrading from Scholar’s version 3 to the brand new Scholar’s Platinum. In this upgrade you’ll get nearly 950 new resources for only $907.54 (or even less*). That’s $.96 per volume. In addition to all of the tremendous titles in the two lists above, you’ll also add to your library things like
- A. W. Pink Collection (40 Vols.) $249.95
- The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations (6 Vols.) $99.95
- Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (8 Vols.) $224.95
- Baker New Testament Commentary (12 Vols.) $159.95
- Believer’s Church Bible Commentary (19 Vols.) $349.95
- Berkouwer’s Studies in Dogmatics (14 Vols.) $329.95
- Charles Simeon’s Horae Homileticae Commentary (21 Vols.) $489.95
- Classic Commentaries on the Greek New Testament (14 Vols.) $199.95
- Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research $79.95
- A Greek–English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd ed. (BDAG) $150.00
- Oxford Movement Historical Theology Collection (10 Vols.) $124.95
- Pillar New Testament Commentary (10 Vols.) $327.95
If you bought just these 156 volumes by themselves, it would cost you $2,787.45. But think about this. If you’re coming from Scholar’s version 3, the difference in price between upgrading to Gold ($720*) and upgrading to Platinum ($907.54*) is only $187.54 (you’re getting an extra special discount for upgrading three levels higher). So if you were going to upgrade to Gold and think you might later purchase just one or two of the items in the list above, it would definitely be worth it to make the jump all the way to Platinum. Just look at all the extra content you’d get—and for less money, too.
I realize that we’re not talking about pocket change here, but if you’re serious about building a library of biblical and theological resources, there’s really no better way to do it—and there’s no better time than now, while we still have our extra low introductory upgrade discounts running. The great news for those of you who don’t carry this kind of money in your wallets is that you can use our payment plans on upgrades and spread out your upgrade cost over the next 3, 6, 9, or even 12 months.
So head on over while our lowest prices are still good, and check out your upgrade options. These deals are just too good to pass up.
* Your upgrade price might be even lower based on several factors. Visit our customized upgrade discounter to see your low prices.