The Best Reason to Upgrade

Over the last two months, we’ve talked a lot about reasons you should upgrade to Logos 4, like

But one thing we haven’t really talked about in much detail yet is the absolutely amazing deals you get on some of the best Christian books on the planet with our base package upgrades. Here’s what I want to argue in this post: there are many great reasons to upgrade, but the most compelling reason—at least in terms of value—is the hundreds of new top-quality books you’ll get for an unbelievably low price.

I’ve worked here at Logos for just over two years now and was an enthusiastic customer for three years prior to that, and as someone who loves to find and get a good deal, I can assure you that they don’t get much better than this. Let me illustrate this with some of the resources you’ll get when you upgrade and a little number crunching.

Crossgrading from Scholar’s 3 to Scholar’s 4

Scholar's Library (LE)Let’s say you own Scholar’s Library for Logos 3 and you’re considering moving to Scholar’s Library for Logos 4. Did you know that you’ll get more than 180 new resources for only $127.50 (or even less*)? That’s $.70 per volume. Here are just a few examples of the titles that you’ll get:

Did you know if you bought just these 44 volumes by themselves, it would cost you $489.90 (or $669.90 after the two on Pre-Pub ship)? If you crossgrade for only $127.50*, you’ll get these 44 titles plus more than 136 others for $362.40 (or $542.40) less! That’s about 1/4 of the price for 4 times as much content! And that doesn’t even include all of the databases and features in Logos 4. So when we say you’re getting an incredible deal when you upgrade, we mean it.

But the further up you go, the more amazing the deals get.

Upgrading from Scholar’s 3 to Scholar’s Gold 4

Scholar's Library: Gold (LE)Let’s say that instead of just crossgrading from Scholar’s 3 to Scholar’s 4, you upgrade to Scholar’s Gold 4. Did you know that you’ll get more than 650 new resources for only $720 (or even less*)? In addition to the 180+ titles that I mentioned above, you’ll also get top-notch titles like

That’s an amazing amount of quality content. If you do the math, you’ll notice that these 170 volumes would cost you a whopping $3,725.68 if you purchased them all separately—and that’s at our sale prices, not full retail. If you upgrade for only $720*, you’ll get these 170 volumes plus nearly 500 others for $3,000 less than it would cost you to buy just these 170 volumes separately. Wow. That’s about 1/5 of the price for almost 4 times as much content! And, again, that’s not even including all of the databases and features in Logos 4!

Upgrading from Scholar’s 3 to Scholar’s Platinum 4

Scholar's Library: Platinum (LE)By now I think I’ve made my point—our upgrades are amazingly priced for the amount of quality content you get. But I’ll take it one step further. Let’s look at upgrading from Scholar’s version 3 to the brand new Scholar’s Platinum. In this upgrade you’ll get nearly 950 new resources for only $907.54 (or even less*). That’s $.96 per volume. In addition to all of the tremendous titles in the two lists above, you’ll also add to your library things like

If you bought just these 156 volumes by themselves, it would cost you $2,787.45. But think about this. If you’re coming from Scholar’s version 3, the difference in price between upgrading to Gold ($720*) and upgrading to Platinum ($907.54*) is only $187.54 (you’re getting an extra special discount for upgrading three levels higher). So if you were going to upgrade to Gold and think you might later purchase just one or two of the items in the list above, it would definitely be worth it to make the jump all the way to Platinum. Just look at all the extra content you’d get—and for less money, too.

I realize that we’re not talking about pocket change here, but if you’re serious about building a library of biblical and theological resources, there’s really no better way to do it—and there’s no better time than now, while we still have our extra low introductory upgrade discounts running. The great news for those of you who don’t carry this kind of money in your wallets is that you can use our payment plans on upgrades and spread out your upgrade cost over the next 3, 6, 9, or even 12 months.

So head on over while our lowest prices are still good, and check out your upgrade options. These deals are just too good to pass up.

* Your upgrade price might be even lower based on several factors. Visit our customized upgrade discounter to see your low prices.

22 Responses to “The Best Reason to Upgrade”

1. Johnnie R. Bailey December 31, 2009 at 7:29 am #

I upgraded to Logos 4 a short while ago and this Christmas one of my sons got me an IPhone and I’d like to get the Logos 4 for my IPhone. I don’t remember getting a number or even how to get the new program for my IPhone. Will you please help me?

2. Jason Sexton December 31, 2009 at 7:43 am #

Phil,
    Any idea when you guys will be able to reestablish Parallel Resources in Logos 4?

3. Phil Gons December 31, 2009 at 8:06 am #

Our iPhone app is available in the iPhone app store as a free download. You can get it directly from the app store on your phone, or in iTunes on your computer (and then sync it to your phone). After it’s installed, just log in with the same username and password that you use to log in to Logos 4 on your desktop. Hope this helps.

4. Robert Warmath December 31, 2009 at 8:15 am #

I could not agree more with what an incredible deal this is! I did exactly what Phil has suggested in this blog – upgraded from Scholars 3 to Scholars Platinum 4! With the financing available from Logos I spread my payments out to eight months, and so (since I did it in early November) I have only 6 more payments before these wonderful resources are completely paid for. The ease and speed of Logos 4 is simply astounding! My only problem? Now I have to come up with the money and time to attend Camp Logos to learn how to really begin to tap into the incredible power of this phenomenal software. Already I have seen a marked improvement in my sermon preparation, and I feel like I am stumbling around, not even scratching the surface of what this program can offer to enhance my study of God’s word. I started over seven years ago with the then Libronix Pastor’s Library, upgraded to Logos X when it was released and in a couple of upgrades finally purchased Logos 3 Scholars Library. As soon as I heard about the release of Logos 4, I upgraded the very same day to Scholar’s Platinum. I am so glad I did. Even as I write this blog, Logos 4 is downloading and indexing what appears to be a second large update. I had to pause the indexing for 4 hours just to continue to use my computer. When I leave the office today I’ll begin indexing again and let the software do its thing overnight. I can hardly wait to see what’s been added!

5. Phil Gons December 31, 2009 at 9:15 am #

Jason, you’ll see parallel resources when you click on the plus sign, but I’m guessing you’re referring to user customizable parallel resource associations as in Logos 3, right? I’ve heard discussions of bringing something like this back, but I’m not sure of the timetable for it. I’ve found that the Command Bar is a good workaround to get parallel resources opened quickly. Just hit Alt+D, type in a short descriptor like NIV or Rom NIC and hit enter (you generally don’t even have to wait for it to generate options).

6. Ken Shawver December 31, 2009 at 11:22 am #

Robert, you are absolutely correct that these are great deals. Like you I started with the Pastor’s Library and have used Logos’ upgrade deals to get to Scholar’s Gold. I have used the payment plan once and it is great, especially since you can pay off early if you get the funds to finish it off early. Platinum is my next step.
    Phil, great post on explaining the deals and what a bargain it is. I was going over the Platinum list again and just realized that BDAG is included, which is one resource I have been wanting to add.

7. jeff December 31, 2009 at 12:54 pm #

I upgraded to Logos 4 and love the new features. I loved it so much I upgraded my collection to Portfolio. This is the best investment I have made in a long time. I can’t wait to see what all new stuff is updated.

8. CL Loh December 31, 2009 at 3:37 pm #

I am using the Mac version. How can upgrading to Logos 4 improve what I have?
    Thanks.

9. Jason Sexton December 31, 2009 at 3:50 pm #

Thanks, Phil. Yes, I should have stated PRA’s. That was an amazing feature in Logos 3 and something I miss greatly. It was so nice having a consistent library ready to go, right when I opened Logos. Now, each time opening the program takes a bit longer to get situated. It would be an amazing thing to bring back! And, for my usage, anyway – the sooner, the better.

10. James Faulconer December 31, 2009 at 10:23 pm #

Any plans to bring out an app for the Droid?

11. Tom Norton January 1, 2010 at 2:16 am #

I serve an international church in Korea and when shipping a small part of my library over here almost 3 years ago, almost half of the books I was able to send didn’t arrive. The USPS said they couldn’t track M-bags (discounted library rate for books). So I had spent a few hundred dollars for the privilege of allowing them to drown some good books!
    At that point, I began to buy almost all of my resources through Logos as the shipping is free (for downloads) and much more reasonable for CD’s and DVD’s.
    When 4.0 came out, and I found I could get a good bit of my library on the iphone, I was a goner. I went ahead and upgraded to Platinum and got the iphone for my birthday. I was an eager shopper over the 12 day sale as well. I am totally blown away and am trying to learn more about how to use all the new tricks.
    I am so thankful for Logos (appreciative user for 15 years). May the Lord continue to bless and multiply your efforts for the kingdom as you hold up our arms in this battle against the prince of darkness.

12. Bernie Thiessen January 1, 2010 at 7:44 am #

I have ordered the silver upgrade from Logos 3. However, I find it difficult to know how to access all the changes and to see what I now have more than before.

13. David January 1, 2010 at 11:41 am #

HI!
    I remember going to a morris seminar when 3.0 was coming out down in california. I ended up not purchasing 3.0 because i had so much money invested in the software and the seminar. a couple months later i noticed that 3.0 was a free upgrade. Will 4.0 eventually become a free upgrade?
    David

14. Sam January 2, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

Hi Phil,
    Can I crossgrade Scholar’s Gold Series X to Scholar’s Gold 4? Any idea how much it will cost? Thanks.

15. Phil Gons January 4, 2010 at 9:07 am #

David, the core Logos 4 engine is a free update, but you’ll be missing out on a lot of new functionality in Logos 4 by not crossgrading to Scholar’s version 4, upgrading to something higher, or at least purchasing the minimal crossgrade (because the functionality is dependent on new databases, etc.). This post should help you make an informed decision: “4 Ways to Move to Logos 4.

16. Phil Gons January 4, 2010 at 9:08 am #

Yes, you can. To find out the most accurate price for the crossgrade, check out our customized upgrade discounter. If you’re having trouble, don’t hesitate to call our Sales team at 800-875-6467.

17. Phil Gons January 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

Bernie, there is a bit of a learning curve to adjust to Logos 4. It’ll take some time. The best things to do are to watch our videos and user-created videos and read the blog and forums.

18. Dennis G Edgar January 6, 2010 at 11:54 pm #

Hi Phil,
    I upgraded from Scholars 3 to Scholars 4 but did not get the 3 books you refer to i.e.
    The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church,
    The Holman Reference Collection
    Opening Up Commentaries.
    Do they come later or did I upgrade too early?
    Dennis

19. Phil Gons January 7, 2010 at 12:37 pm #

Dennis, you should see all of these titles. Keep in mind that the Holman Reference Collection won’t show up under that name in Library. Click the link to see what titles in includes and look for those. Make sure you’re connected to the internet and have “Automatically Download Updates” and “Use Internet” set to Yes. Try typing “Update Now” into the command bar and hitting enter. If you’re still having trouble, please contact our Customer Service department at 800-875-6467 or support@logos.com.

20. Danny January 8, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

I am enjoying LOGOS 4 but must confess that I don’t know it as well as Libronix 3.0g. Is the prayer listing found in Libronix 3.0g located in LOGOS 4 ? I have not been able to locate it anywhere.
    Thanks!

21. Phil Gons January 8, 2010 at 10:00 pm #

Prayer Lists aren’t in Logos 4 yet, but they’re coming in the near future.

22. Danny January 9, 2010 at 11:59 am #

Thanks Phil for the informatiom.
    This does not diminish my enthusiasm for LOGOS 4. It is still more powerful than Libronix in searching mode through my vast library. Thanks Phil! I would recommend the upgrade to all my brothers and sisters in Christ.