Calling All Forum Newbies

Forums

This post is aimed specifically at those of you who have never posted on, or perhaps, have never even read the forums. That’s right noobs, I am looking at you!

As Phil stated in his recent blog, Getting the Most Out of the Forums, the forums are an important place to learn great new tips, get your questions answered fast, and join a wonderful community of people who—like you—are using Logos Bible Software to help facilitate their Bible study.

Maybe you have checked out the forums and you were a little confounded by some of the tech talk there. You might have thought to yourself, “Hmmm, this is a little overwhelming.” Let me assure you, with more than 10,000 people posting on the forums, statistically speaking, you cannot be the least tech savvy person there! There is a need for people of all skill levels to be chiming in, asking questions and building community. It is a way to facilitate becoming more technologically astute and, at the same time; helping to encourage discussions that others of your skill level may need to see.

Getting involved in the forums is so easy. It is simply a case of signing in. You will use the same email and password that you use to sign in to Logos.com and Logos 4. If you don’t have a Logos.com account yet, you can easily create one.

If you are brand new to our forums I would like to help propel you forward. I have started a thread on the forums expressly entitled, Newbies!! It is a nice place to jump in and get your feet wet. Tell us a little about yourself and how you got involved with Logos Bible Software.

I can promise you that there is no entrance exam and no learning curve. You just have to make that initial jump. You will be glad you did.

8 Responses to “Calling All Forum Newbies”

1. Jim Drake December 15, 2009 at 7:30 am #

Logically speaking, SOMEBODY has to be the least tech savvy person there…. :-)

2. Jayson Bradley December 15, 2009 at 1:22 pm #

Jim,
    I was hoping that logic would escape everyone! Let’s say, statistically speaking, it is highly unlikely. Thanks for reading the blogs Jim.
    Jayson

3. Bruce A. December 15, 2009 at 10:40 pm #

Yes but it will only be ONE person and it comforts us to know it is unlikely I’ll be that ONE.

4. Damon December 21, 2009 at 12:16 pm #

How do we use the greek and hebrew software and the greek lemmas

5. Jim Wait December 21, 2009 at 4:08 pm #

I am very interested in the writings of N T Wright, the ones on pre-pub. Are there others out there wanting to see them become available on Logos asap?

6. Jayson Bradley December 22, 2009 at 4:16 pm #

Damon,
    Thanks for your question, and in keeping with this specific blog, I am going to point you toward the forum. I did a quick search for lemmas and came up with many pages of information that could help you out!
    Good luck,
    Jayson

7. Ronnie James December 23, 2009 at 2:26 am #

Hello Jim…..like yourself I enjoy the writings of N T Wright. I’m assuming that the ones in the pre-pups you’re referring to are the “Christian Origins and the Question of God Series” titles. Another great series to look out for is the “…for everyone” guides to the books of the New Testament by this man. I don’t see them listed anywhere in Logos.com at the moment but they may well become available in the future – I do hope you’re listening Logos! I’m quite content using my paper versions at the moment but would dearly love to have them in electronic format.

8. D Pogue December 23, 2009 at 11:51 pm #

Thanks Logos for all that you have done and all that you are doing to help in the aid of Bible study! One of the key features that I really get a kick out of is being able to float the pages over to the other monitor that I have. I am not as quick with this new software and am slowly learning some of the ins and outs of this software. The question I have is when the passage guide is used, I know that Logos 3 has the illustrations tab, I cannot find this on the Logos 4. Not too impressed with the topic tab, guess I am an oldy goldy who likes the old passage guide from Logos 3. I still have Logos 3 installed and will continue to use that until I can learn the ropes with this one…God Bless You all!