Show Us Your Best Logos 4 Videos

In Ryan’s helpful post yesterday, he forgot to mention the one other helpful source of information about Logos 4—the growing number of user-created videos showing Logos 4 in action. Even if you’ve already watched our demo video and all our training videos, you’ll definitely want to check out what some of our users have put together.

Mark Barnes, LaRosa Johnson, and John Fidel have all done some very helpful tutorials and reviews of Logos 4. Whether Logos 4 is on your wishlist, you’re new to Logos 4, or you consider yourself a power user, there’s a wealth of helpful information for everyone in these videos.

If I missed your video, I apologize. Please post a link in the comments, and I’ll make sure to add it.

If Mark, LaRosa, and John have inspired you to make a video of your own, please let us know so we can share it with other users. If you’re looking for a free screen capture tool, I’d recommend Jing.

Who knows? We might just have to give out a prize for the best video!

Comments

1. John Murphy says:

Here’s a Jing video I did of my favorite parts of Logos 4. Clippings; Biblical People; Power lookup. Nothing earthshaking. Just how I use them in real life.

2. Thanks, John! I added it above.

3. I made a short video of my layout of Logos Bible Software 4. I am awestruck at how powerful Logos is.

4. Vaclav Janca says:

Thanks for sharing, gentlemen. John’s video link is no longer valid.

5. Clay Womble says:

I still consider myself new to Logos and to indepth Bible study but I found this VERY helpful and I can only imagine how helpful it will be in the future.

6. Jeremiah Morris says:

John’s Link is dead. :(

7. William Fu says:

Although there are a lot of people who would like to use Logos 4 and although Logos 4 is very powerful and flexible for configuration, they may be very new to the software and have absolutely no idea how to use it after installed it. I suggest Logos collect some useful templates or layouts and book collections and study guides for people who need to do their work daily without spending time to learn the software, such as Bible study, sermon preparation, devotional, and etc.

8. I’ve just created two videos about prioritising resources, which take you right through the basics and advanced features of prioritisation.

9. I really LOVE your 3 videos so far. I’ve learned so much from them. Please keep them coming. Your voice is so soothing to listen to. It reassures me that yes I can make it through this Logos 4 transition…It also makes me feel like I’m approaching the 18th hole at St. Andrews golf course. :D

10. Very nice. Thanks, Mark! I’ve added them to the post above.

11. PLEASE continue to make these Logos 4 videos Brothers and Sisters. I live in the largest country in Asia ;) which blocks access to sites such as YouTube so I have been ‘feasting’ on your productions. If any of you could make a video or two that correspond to the list of Logos 4 video tutorials (other than those listed in the feature videos) such as creating a collection, library advanced features etc. that would be great. I am sure there are other Logos 4 users scattered around the globe that would love to see more viable Christian alternatives to access this information rather than a YouTube. Your productions are greatly appreciated. May the Father continue to richly bless you and thank you.
    PS anyway to increase text/font size on the Homepage? or am I getting old and reading too much?

12. It would be incredibly helpful to me and countless others if Logos or any of you experienced users out there (e.g. Mark Barnes, LaRosa Johnson, John Fidel to name but a few) can create one video or a series of videos based on one specific Bible passage and walk us through the process of creating a sermon AND integrated Sunday School lesson covering from how you would do the original language work, to note taking features, to power point production, to handout production, to layout creation and then finally to finished sermon or at least the sermon outline and some rough examples of power point, handouts, bulletin inserts, etc.
    I know I’m asking a lot but I think this is what guys like Mike in Asia and William Fu are requesting in this blog. It’s one thing to have all these toys in Logos 4 and know how to use them–individually. But it’s totally another thing to understand the why and when to use them–in other words, to know how to use all these toys creatively in one cohesive and enlightened project…For each and every Sunday! :D Thanks.

13. Mark Barnes says:

Here’s another one from me. This is Making the most of Collections.

14. Here’s another video with some more tips on creating nested collections.
    Several users have requested a sort of walk-through type video. The problem is how to compress 8-10 hours of preparation into something watchable. I’m working on it, but I don’t yet know whether it will work.

15. OK, it took a while, but here’s a series of four videos showing you how I prepared a recent sermon.