Logos Bible Software for Mac 1.2.1 Brings Snow Leopard Compatibility

Today many Mac users around the globe are upgrading to Apple’s latest and greatest operating system, OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. Our developers have been testing Logos for Mac 1.2 on pre-release builds of Snow Leopard and have found an issue that causes a handful of resources to crash the application.

Today we’re releasing version 1.2.1 to fix this bug. As with earlier updates, version 1.2.1 is free to existing users and can be downloaded from your Logos.com account. It’s also now available for purchase as a download.

Just head over to Logos.com, sign in, navigate to My Account > Order History, and then click on the order number for your Mac engine or base package order.

At the bottom of the order page, you’ll see a “Files to Download” section.

Click the “Download” link next to LogosMac1.2.1.dmg to save it to your Mac, and then double-click the file to install the update. Follow the instructions, and you should be up and running with the latest version in just a minute or two.

If you don’t have a Logos.com account, don’t see the link below your Mac order, or have any other troubles updating, please contact our Mac Customer Service team at 800-875-6467 or macsupport@logos.com.

You should follow us on Twitter here.

17 Responses to “Logos Bible Software for Mac 1.2.1 Brings Snow Leopard Compatibility”

1. Joe Miller August 28, 2009 at 10:36 am #

Is there any reason someone not using Snow Leopard should upgrade?

2. Phil Gons August 28, 2009 at 10:55 am #

No. Version 1.2.1 doesn’t offer anything to Mac users who aren’t running Snow Leopard. You’re free to update, but it won’t be any different from 1.2.

3. R. Mansfield August 28, 2009 at 11:32 am #

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t today’s update not only fix the problem with the software crashing in Snow Leopard, but also fix the issue with Hebrew text displaying as transliteration? Granted there are still other font issues remaining, but wouldn’t folks still using Leopard benefit from receiving the fix for the transliteration issue?

4. dave August 28, 2009 at 12:29 pm #

my powerbook is running leopard really well, so I have no need to upgrade.

5. Chris H August 28, 2009 at 5:36 pm #

I upgraded to Snow Leopard and to Logos 1.2.1 for the Mac today. It is very buggy, much more so than 1.2 and the font is really messed up in several places. Please fix asap.

6. Nathan Parker August 28, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

Thank you Logos for getting these updates out as fast as you are. I appreciate how much you’re staying on top of things.

7. Phil Gons August 28, 2009 at 8:19 pm #

The fix for the Hebrew text displaying as transliteration requires Snow Leopard. Leopard is unable to render the Hebrew in reports properly. Snow Leopard has some improvements in this regard that allow it to display Hebrew properly. So the new code checks for Snow Leopard before it will render Hebrew with Hebrew script rather than transliteration.

8. Colin Thornby August 29, 2009 at 5:56 am #

Working well for me – thanks for your work!

9. Robert August 29, 2009 at 6:50 am #

So far the only problem I have discovered is in the tip window language fonts. When hovering the mouse over the English, I have the tip window show the TWOT in the Hebrew and the Zodhiaties dictionary in the NT. The Tip Window will display neither the Heb nor Greek fonts.

10. Chris Blackstone August 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm #

This may be a little off-topic, but anyone with Logos for Mac installed a Libronix CD that was designed for windows? I purchased Grudem’s Systematic Theology, but there’s no way to install the resource or enter the serial number. Any help is greatly appreciated
    chris

11. Chris Roberts August 29, 2009 at 6:39 pm #

Chris Blackstone,
    Insert the Grudem cd then launch Logos. Once it’s up go to Tools -> Library Management -> Synchronize Licenses. Once it has synchronized go to Tools -> Library Management -> Resource Installer. It should detect the resource on the CD. Click Install Resources and you should be good to go.
    Chris

12. Lauren Mitchell September 1, 2009 at 7:47 am #

I, too, am having a problem with font issues (see below) after installing Snow Leopard. Any idea when the 1.2.2 version might be ready to correct this problem?
    “There’s a known font issue that causes some display problems in certain reports. We’re working on version 1.2.2 to correct this bug.”

13. Phil Gons September 1, 2009 at 11:47 am #

We’re working on it and are close to having a fix ready. I’m not sure when exactly it’ll be available, but we’ll get it out as soon as we possibly can.

14. Sean September 11, 2009 at 1:40 pm #

I’m confused- I need to buy a software upgrade so Logos is compatible with Snow Leopard? Or is the upgrade provided for me and I’m just missing it somewhere?

15. Phil Gons September 11, 2009 at 2:09 pm #

No. The updated is free. “As with earlier updates, version 1.2.1 is free to existing users and can be downloaded from your Logos.com account.”

16. Sean September 12, 2009 at 6:39 am #

Thanks for responding Phil.
    My problem is that the update is not located under my account as outlined above (which is why I asked if I was missing it somewhere…. apparently I am)
    Does this have to do with the fact that I did not originally order Logos from the website? I received complimentary software and registered with the site later.

17. Phil Gons September 14, 2009 at 8:22 am #

Sean, you will need to call (800-875-6467) or email (customersupport@logos.com) our Customer Service department, and they’ll make sure the file gets added to your account.