Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament Now on Sale

Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament

The Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament, edited by G. K. Beale and D. A. Carson, has quickly become a standard reference work for pastors who preach regularly on the New Testament, for New Testament biblical scholars, and for students of the Bible. In fact, it received a 2008 Christianity Today book award in the category of Biblical Studies, and has been widely praised by New Testament scholars.

For every book of the New Testament, the Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament isolates and comments on both the obvious Old Testament quotations and the more subtle allusions. Under the editorial direction of G. K. Beale and D. A. Carson, this commentary features an impressive list of contributors, including:

• Craig L. Blomberg
  • Andreas J. Kostenberger
  • I. Howard Marshall
  • Moisés Silva
  • G. K. Beale
  • Jeffrey A. D. Weima
  • George H. Guthrie
  • D. A. Carson
  • G. K. Beale
  • Sean M. McDonough
  • And lots more! Check out the product page to see the complete list.

More than a year ago, we put this massive commentary on Pre-Pub as part of the 14-volume Baker Hermeneutics Collection. Hundreds of users took advantage of the offer and have already added this book to their library.

Now, we’ve been able to release this volume for individual download, and we’re offering an introductory sale price. For just a couple weeks, you can get this commentary for $39.95 with coupon code NTUSEOFOT.

This coupon code expires on September 15, 2009. After that, you’ll still be able to get the commentary, but the price will jump to $59.99. Make sure you order today while it’s still on sale!

You should follow us on Twitter here.

6 Responses to “Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament Now on Sale”

1. dmb August 27, 2009 at 1:58 am #

Kent, when did the sale price go into effect. I purchased this book last Friday (Aug 21) and paid $59.95. I have been waiting to get it and when I saw it listed in the new products page I purchased it.
    It’s an excellent resource and have already benefited from it. I am looking forward to the NIC series. Thanks for the fantastic resources.
    Dbender

2. Jonely August 27, 2009 at 5:42 am #

Can you also offer the same discount to other books in the Baker Hermeneutics Collection specifically the Dictionary for Theological Interpretation of the Bible? :D Please? Pretty please? Okay…With sugar on top?

3. J.A. Colombo August 27, 2009 at 7:18 am #

Ditto for me! Purchased on 8/21 at $59.95.

4. Dan DeVilder August 29, 2009 at 3:37 am #

This is absolutely one of my FAVORITE books. I already owned the hardcopy. I was thoroughly blessed in study as I worked through Hebrews. George Guthrie’s contributions was fantastic. Others have been helpful as well. I am soooo thrilled it is in Libronix. I got it as part of the NT/Hermeneutics pre pub (whatever it was called), and am glad to see it is offered as a standalone. Even at $60 it is well worth it.

5. Jonely August 31, 2009 at 9:34 am #

This book is AMAZING! I absolutely love this book. It’s a different kind of commentary. I downloaded this book a few days ago (gotta love that) and used it to prep my Sunday School (SS) lesson for this past Sunday on the Transfiguration of Jesus – Lesson #73 in Getting to Know Jesus. Both resources highly recommended for SS teachers and available for download from Logos.
    Request: Can you start introducing a “book deal of the week” on this blog where you offer a deep discount on a recommended book each week or month?
    I thank you in advance for considering my suggestion. And thanks again for introducing and lowering the price on this great book!

6. Thomas Overmiller September 2, 2009 at 9:39 am #

Thank you for making this offer possible. I’m glad that you made the book available outside of the Baker Hermeneutics Collection.