Put Your Favorite Books on Your Toolbar

Tips & Tricks blog SetToday’s guest post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos training seminars.

There are some books in your library that you need quick access to like your Preferred Bible or favorite commentary. You may get tired of going to My Library to open them so why not place them on the toolbar? That’s right, put as many books as you want on the toolbar so with the click of a button the book opens.

Right click on the toolbar and select Customize and then New. Name the toolbar. With the Category Special selected, click the Command Open (Resource) and click Add. Now click Details. From the Resource line click Change. Type the name of your book in the Find box. Click the name of the book when it’s displayed. Click OK. OK again and then Close.

Now click the new icon on your toolbar to open your book!

For more tips like this, be sure to visit Morris Proctor’s Tips & Tricks blog or subscribe to the RSS feed.

7 Responses to “Put Your Favorite Books on Your Toolbar”

1. Chris Gonzalez July 13, 2009 at 7:18 am #

Is there a way to do this on the Mac version?

2. Reuben Evans July 13, 2009 at 2:44 pm #

Sorry, the Mac’s tool bar is not customizable. I would use favorite. Just a note, we now have more Mac training videos at macbiblesoftware.com/support

3. rtdtnx July 15, 2009 at 5:01 am #

I have customized adding books that I want to quickly look at but took advantage of color coding them.
    My Bibles are Grey, Original languages – Red, Commentaries Green, Theology-Orange,…
    Also, I noticed that for my Bibles, if I keep them to 3 characters and keep ALL titles short, I could put more Bibles in view and retain more workable desktop space.
    I really like having Different Bible versions quickly available for when someone asks me, “what does the ___ Version sound like? or Wonder what ___ Commentary says?”
    While can never replace the power of the Home search, it gives me the ability to do a quick look to a book I frequently use.
    I like to think of it as similar to books that I used to store close at hand or on my desktop.
    Thanks for a great product and great tips!

4. Carl July 28, 2009 at 12:05 am #

The Scholar’s Library has been a welcome addition to my library. It truly is worth the investment. I could not have imagined the information that is contained in. Excellent tool for research and reflection.

5. Arnold Jones December 9, 2009 at 9:32 pm #

Awesome article!!! I am so looking forward to seeing more.

6. Sean April 13, 2011 at 1:29 am #

I can drag resources onto my toolbar to create shortcuts. But when I right click on the tool bar I do not get any options to customize the toolbar. In fact right clicking produces no result. Am I doing something wrong?

By the way I find these blogs very useful, thanks.