Logos Bible Software for Catholics

For years we’ve had several quality Catholic products available, like the popular Collegeville Catholic Reference Library. You’ve asked for even more, and we’ve listened. If you follow our Pre-Pub (RSS) and Community Pricing (RSS) pages, you’ve probably noticed the many new Catholic collections now available for pre-order:

If you haven’t already, I’d encourage you to check them out and place your pre-orders for the ones that interest you.

Catholic Product Guide

With the addition of all of these new titles, we decided it was time to build a Catholic Product Guide, which contains an exhaustive list of all of the Catholic titles we currently have for sale or pre-order. We’ll keep it up to date as we make more Catholic resources available, so be sure to bookmark it and check back regularly. You’ll find it at www.logos.com/catholic.

As always, we invite your suggestions for additional titles you’d like to see. Just email them to suggest@logos.com, and we’ll see about putting them on Pre-Pub or Community Pricing.

Free Catholic Lectionary

To kick off all of these new Catholic offerings, we’ve partnered with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) to give away a new Catholic lectionary to everyone who has our Lectionary Viewer Addin, which is included in all of our Windows base packages except for the Original Languages Library. To get the new Catholic lectionary, simply run Libronix Update from the Tools menu in Libronix or run the 3.0f Auto-Update Script. You’ll find additional details and help on our Lectionaries page and in a prior blog post.

5 Free Copies of the Collegeville Catholic Reference Library, Version 2

Collegeville Catholic Reference Library, Version 2.0If you appreciate these new offerings and want to see more, it’s largely up to you to make it happen! We need the help of all of our Catholic users to reach a broader audience so we can produce even more quality Catholic titles. As a thanks for helping us spread the word, we’ll be giving away 5 free copies of the Collegeville Catholic Reference Library, Version 2.

Here’s what you need to do to enter. You only need to do one, but you can do them all if you want to increase your chances of winning.

On Your Blog

1. Write about our new Catholic titles, the free Catholic lectionary, etc. on your blog and link to both the Catholic Product Guide and this blog post.
  2. We’ll search for links to both and enter you in the drawing, but if you want to be sure that we don’t miss yours, provide a link to your post in the comments below or in an email to blog@logos.com with the subject “Logos Bible Software for Catholics.”

On Facebook, Twitter, etc.

1. Share the news about our new Catholic titles, the free Catholic lectionary, etc. on your favorite social networking site and link to both the Catholic Product Guide and this blog post (might be difficult to get both links in on Twitter, but we think you can do it!).

Via Email

• Send an email about our new Catholic titles, the free lectionary, etc. with the subject “Logos Bible Software for Catholics” to 5 people you know who you think would be interested and carbon copy blog@logos.com on the email.

At the end of June, we’ll pick out the five winners and send out the free copies of Collegeville Catholic Reference Library, Version 2.

Comments

1. Todd Phillips says:

Can you add “The Everlasting Man” to the Chesterton Collection?

2. Phil Gons says:

We’ll look into it, but it’s not public domain like the rest, so we’ll have to try to license it from the publisher.

3. Benjamin Handelman says:

This is great news. I was disappointed that there was neither a Douay-Rheims Bible or Roman Catholic lectionary available, and was considering switching to a different software package with more available. This pretty much gets rid of my concerns. I do have two quick further suggestions though. First, is it possible for the Bible reading calender to accommodate the additional texts in the Roman Catholic canon? Second, is it possible that some of the important church documents, like Vatican II will be turned into modules?

4. Todd Phillips says:

Oh good, publish it separately…then I can buy the volume I want.

5. Do you ship to Nigeria?

6. Yes, we do. We also have a downloadable option to eliminate shipping costs.

7. Please recommend a good NAB or NRSV bible study software with exhaustive concordance (such as Metzger) on CD-ROM for quick searches of words and phrases to save time researching.
    Richard Sante
    12105 SW 108 Court
    Miami FL 33176
    email: rick@miamicrab.com
    Home: 305-253-5207
    Work: 305-470-1500 or 800-269-8395

8. John English says:

is there a plan to publish Gonzalez’s works on Christian History?

9. John English says:

I bought an early Logos boxed set that had many Catholic sources in it, including the Jerome Biblical commentary. I think it had the Vatican II documents as well, but I haven’t seen mention of this recently. There isn’t much search capability in the Vatican Documents but they are interesting to have. I’ve still got them and they both work on Libronix. I think there has been no update work on them. These may be available as a download, but I was not able to find them.

10. Richard,
    You might try one of the Collegeville Catholic Reference Libraries. The Full Edition, Version 3 and Basic Scripture Edition, Version 1 both include both NAB and NRSV and have powerful searching abilities.

11. I’m not sure if we have any immediate plans to publish it or not. Feel free to send an email to suggest@logos.com and let us know you’d like to see it.

12. Phil Gons says:

Benjamin, thanks for your comment. (1) The Catholic lectionary should handle the additional texts of the Catholic canon properly. (2) We’re looking into making the documents of Vatican II available.

13. Phil Gons says:

John, we lost the rights to the Jerome Biblical Commentary, and the Vatican II Documents were in a third-party product from Liturgical Press in 1997 that has since been retired. We’re looking into resurrecting both of these at some point, but no guarantees that that will happen.

14. Ted Hans says:

Oh dear, why is it that titles i want (not about to be a catholic) are discontinued? Barclay, Interpretation commentary, Columbia Encyclopedia & Jerome Biblical Commentary.
    I have searched far & wide but no success. My search still continues.

15. I’ll second the Barclay commentaries.
    Ron

16. This is great news – thanks!
    Any plans for either the Catechism of the Catholic Church or the Compendium of the CCC? I believe that both are licensed by the USCCB in the United States.
    How about either the Ignatius Study Bible or perhaps the Navarre Bible? (both are solid commentaries based on the RSV-CE).
    Also, I used these resources on a Mac. Perhaps I’ve missed this discussion, but wondering if there are any plans for an iPhone app, preferably one that would sync with notes etc. from a full notebook / desktop installation. That would definitely be handy.
    Thanks.
    Bob

17. Bob, the Catechism of the Catholic Church is high on our list of additional Catholic resources to do. We also have the Navarre Bible on our list. I’ve just added the Ignatius Study Bible to the list.
    At present, I don’t think we have any plans for an iPhone app, but feel free to express your desire for one by sending an email to suggest@logos.com.

18. Steve Strickland says:

Anything that has Scott Hahn’s name on it would be very attractive to me. Also the Catechism, Vatican II documents, John Paul II Cyclicals, and any of Ratzinger’s many writings. Any of these would make Logos very attractive to Roman Catholics.

19. Thanks for the ideas, Steve. We’ll look into these suggestions.

20. I went for the Tweet method here.

21. I’m very excited about the possibility of the II Vatican council beign added. Personally, I would recommend an addition that includes a Latin translation as well as the English. In English the Austin Flannery translation is widely used.
    As far as your list of “Catholic” resources goes don’t forget to include your “Apostolic Fathers – Catholic Edition.” And, shouldn’t the Anchor Bible Dictionaries and Commentary sets be included as well? The commentary at least includes a number of volumes by Catholic authors.
    Other possible options: The journal Concilium. The works of Rahner. Other series and journals published by your Lit Press friends are a good place to start like the Bible Today. Personally, I’d be less likely to get Scott Hahn materials. He’s fine, but he’s more popular, devotional than scholarly (and by that I mean no offense to him, it is good to have Catholics writing to a wider audience).

22. Thanks for the suggestions, Adam. Some were on our list. The ones that weren’t are now.

23. Add the Navarre Bible commentaries to your collection of Catholic offerings and I’ll kiss you!!!

24. Eaton F Cabading says:

May I recommend putting into libronix digital form also the Patristic Greek Lexicon of G.W.H. Lampe. You already have in the making the Oxford Latin Dictionary and the Coptic Dictionary. A few years back you successfully launched the complete Liddell and Scott Greek Lexicon. Lampe’s monumental work would be a welcome one.
    While you are it adding Catholic Books, may I recommend also:
    1. the Two volume set of the “Decrees of the Ecumenical Councils” by Norman Tanner;
    2. “The Christian Faith: In the Doctrinal Documents of the Catholic Church” by Jacques Dupuis;
    3. “The Sources of Catholic Dogma” by Henry Denzinger and Roy Deferrari.

25. John English says:

If I remember right, the Daily Study Bible Series by Barclay was the first set of commentaries, or one of the first that Logos offered. It’s a shame it is not still offered. I bought it, but that doesn’t help others.

26. Would you consider to include Spanish Catholic resources? – from the current ones you offer (have) could you include a Spanish version (if availbale, like Catechism of the Cathlic Churc = Catecismo de la Iglesia Católica)?… i.e. Biblia Latinoamericana, Biblia de Jerusalen (desclee), Liturgy of the Hours (Spanish), Biblia Nacar-Colunga,… pretty much any Catholic-Spanish resource/book available… and like somebody wrote above: anything – everything :) from Scott Hahn

27. John-Francis Ross, SFO says:

I have an urgent need for the CCC. I have just start a comprehensive graduate program that uses the CCC as the principle integrating element. Does anyone know of someone who has created the CCC using the Personal Book Builder? Secondly, does anyone know of single electronic text source for the CCC? All I can find are web sites where you have to copy a single section at a time. At this point, if I could find the text file(s), I will do it myself, and I am willing to share with others.
    Thanks.
    John-Francis

28. Dan Goulet says:

Online resource for the CCC may be found at the Vatican website http://www.vatican.va
    Another resource is: http://www.clerus.org/bibliaclerus/index_eng.html
    There you can find the Code of Canon Law and the CCC is somewhere in there!! I use Biblia Clerus along with my Logos Catholic Edition (courtesy of the National Guard–thank-you Logos for making a Catholic version!!!) and with both I get quite a bit of research completed.