You Can’t Judge a Book Collection by Its Cover

Have you ever heard the ads for mattress stores where they say, “If you’re not picky about color™, you can get a great deal on a bed?” They mix and match mattresses and box springs of different colors and remind you that the moment you get them home, you are going to throw sheets and covers on the bed and never see the individual colors again.

Much like mattresses, once you load a new Logos Bible Software collection onto your computer, you may never see the “colors” again. The packaging often goes straight into the trash or onto the shelf, and the books inside go straight into your electronic library. As you build your library, the packaging that each book came in is long forgotten.

…so if you’re not too picky about packaging, you can get some great deals on books! How about over $1,000.00 worth of content for less than $50 bucks?

Forget the cover, forget the packaging, and look at what’s inside. This deal is almost too good to be true. Take a look for yourself at the amazing titles included for just $50.00, and you will be blown away. But don’t look too long—the product has been discontinued, and we only have a limited supply left!

$1,000.00 worth of content for less than $50.

11 Responses to “You Can’t Judge a Book Collection by Its Cover”

1. Billy Noel April 8, 2009 at 11:12 am #

great deal

2. Jerry Bush April 8, 2009 at 11:21 am #

I got excited about this until I figured out I have every one of these titles (not the David J, ones).
    I will wait until next time, but thanks anyway!
    Jerry

3. Paul Golder April 8, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

A very nice deal. But such clearance sales make one concerned that perhaps Thomas Nelson is planning on ending it’s partnership with Logos Bible Software…

4. Phil Gons April 8, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

Paul, as far as I know there’s not anything to be concerned about. Thomas Nelson continues to release new products for Libronix, and they’ve retired other products in the past.

5. Paul Golder April 8, 2009 at 6:52 pm #

Phil, thanks for the reassuring words. I guess I’m just being paranoid.

6. Rob Suggs April 9, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

I placed the order. My only concern was that it showed in the shopping cart as “David Jeremiah Library,” and I’m just assuming the other Nelson products are included. I edited a good number of those books for Dr. J, so it will be good to have them working in my Libronix!
    Rob Suggs

7. Phil Gons April 9, 2009 at 2:05 pm #

It is the David Jeremiah Library, but it does include all of the titles that appear on the page. No need to worry. :)

8. psaturn April 9, 2009 at 7:15 pm #

How can I check to see if I have those books in my collection? I found I do not have a single Nelson books…
    And I never heard of David Jeremiah…

9. John April 9, 2009 at 9:32 pm #

“The packaging often goes straight into the trash or onto the shelf, and the books inside go straight into your electronic library. As you build your library, the packaging that each book came in is long forgotten.”
    Exactly. It’d be great to see Logos adopt some smaller, more environmentally-friendly packaging solutions. Most of the software I buy at retail stores anymore comes in boxes about the size of a DVD case. Those giant boxes Logos was still using last time I bought from them are so old-school.

10. Phil Gons April 10, 2009 at 11:05 am #

Open Libronix, open My Library (and set it to display all unlocked resources), and then just type in the titles or authors to see if they appear. If they don’t, then you don’t have those titles.

11. Phil Gons April 13, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

Thanks for the comment, John. We actually use very small packaging for our Mac product, and all of our add-on products are just CDs or DVDs in paper sleeves. (Most third-party products do come in boxes, but some of them are moving to DVD-sized packaging.) I’m not sure what our plans are for our next Windows version boxes, but I’m pretty sure they won’t be quite as old-school as the current ones. :)