If you enjoy small groups meeting in homes, you may like to find the places where Paul refers to a church in a house. To do so, execute a proximity search. Launch the Bible Speed Search or choose Search > Bible Search. Type this in the Search box: church within 7 words house. This search locates all the places where church and house occur within 7 words of each other. In the ESV, it turns up 5 results: Acts 8:3; Rom 16:5; 1 Cor 16:19; Col 4:15; and Philem 2. The proximity search is very helpful if you don’t know an exact phrase to look for. Give it a try.
- Searching Schaeffer
- Logos 4: Proximity Search from Camp Logos 2
- Make Your Search Case Sensitive
- Logos 4: Proximity Search for Greek Words
- Instant Phrase Concordance
- Topically Searching the Early Church Fathers
- Search for Multiple Words in a Verse
- Searching across Verse Boundaries
- Search for Just the Root Word
- Logos 4: Searching The Apologetics Study Bible
- Logos 5: Website Links on the Shortcuts Bar
- How Do You Use Logos: Dave Moser
- New! Get the Best Price on over 95 Audiobooks
- Pre-order the Ancient Christian Writers Bundle for $180 Off!
- Get 60% Off the Classic Sermon Library Builder: That’s 7 Cents a Sermon!
- Logos 5: Update Active Layout Shortcut
- Big News: the Noet Mobile App Is Here!
- Get 82% Off Ben Witherington’s Mobile Ed Course!
@logos Twitter Updates
- “Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, ‘I have seen the Lord’ . . .” —John 20:18 http://t.co/3doVYS3R0A http://t.co/T4nLK4Yp2v, 34 mins ago
- 50 Deals, 3 Days: Save on Galatians Commentaries http://t.co/WTjdyRs5B6, 1 hour ago
- Twitter #DailyDeal: get 50% off Mark: The Crossway Classic Commentaries with code 729 at checkout! http://t.co/VNMZaDW3gP, 2 hours ago
- “If we make provision for sinning tomorrow, we will be sinning tomorrow.” —A.W. Tozer, 3 hours ago
- Save 20% when you pre-order the Fortress Press New Testament Backgrounds! http://t.co/6PlSxlOA5A, 14 hours ago