If you enjoy small groups meeting in homes, you may like to find the places where Paul refers to a church in a house. To do so, execute a proximity search. Launch the Bible Speed Search or choose Search > Bible Search. Type this in the Search box: church within 7 words house. This search locates all the places where church and house occur within 7 words of each other. In the ESV, it turns up 5 results: Acts 8:3; Rom 16:5; 1 Cor 16:19; Col 4:15; and Philem 2. The proximity search is very helpful if you don’t know an exact phrase to look for. Give it a try.
- Searching Schaeffer
- Logos 4: Proximity Search from Camp Logos 2
- Make Your Search Case Sensitive
- Logos 4: Proximity Search for Greek Words
- Topically Searching the Early Church Fathers
- Instant Phrase Concordance
- Search for Multiple Words in a Verse
- Searching across Verse Boundaries
- Search for Just the Root Word
- Logos 4: Searching The Apologetics Study Bible
- Win a MacBook Air, Logos 5 Gold, and R. C. Sproul Books!
- Logos 5: Display Only Verbs in Word by Word
- Get 40% Off Round 3 Titles!
- What’s Next for the Evangelical Exegetical Commentary?
- 4 Community Pricing Deals You’re About to Miss Out On
- Simple Language for Simple Truth: The Legacy of J. A. Broadus
- Get 45% Off Round 4 Titles!
- Get 20% Off the IVP Old Testament Studies Collection
- Get the Best Price on Treasured American Adventures
- Just Announced: Free Greek and Hebrew Flashcard App
@logos Twitter Updates
- “Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth.” —A.W. Tozer, 34 mins ago
- Stream nonstop Bible teaching here: http://t.co/snNEi1TC2S, 3 hours ago
- Pre-order The Revival Study Bible and save 20%! http://t.co/t7Y856HLq3, 4 hours ago
- Twitter #DailyDeal: take 50% off Reading Acts http://t.co/7kBbllcAMY Coupon code: 7238, 6 hours ago
- Save on John Piper’s Fifty Reasons Why Jesus came to Die—use code EASTER2014 at checkout: http://t.co/44xBpt1znZ, 8 hours ago