Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-92), the “Prince of Preachers,” is regarded by many as the most important Baptist preacher of the last two centuries. According to some, he may very well have been the greatest preacher in the history of the church.
His sermons, which drew crowds by the thousands, are still widely read today, and nearly all of his writings remain in print and provide help to myriads of Christians all over the globe.
But though his sermons have been published as a set, which we have available in the companion Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection, until now there has been no attempt to publish a comprehensive collection of Spurgeon’s writings like has been done with the works of other historically significant people like Luther, Knox, Bunyan, Owen, Wesley, Edwards, and many others.
In the Charles Spurgeon Collection, we bring you what is to our knowledge the most comprehensive collection of Spurgeon’s non-sermonic material available anywhere. It presently* totals
78 87 volumes and 17,361 18,719 pages and is on Pre-Pub for only $249.95 $259.95. That’s just over $3 per volume. Assembling this massive collection in print would cost you at least two to three times as much.
In the Charles Spurgeon Collection, you’ll get
- The Treasury of David, Spurgeon’s 7-vol. commentary on the Psalms
- Spurgeon’s 4-vol. Lectures to My Students, which includes his best-selling Commenting and Commentaries
- 228 issues of Spurgeon’s magazine, The Sword and the Trowel (1865-84)
- Spurgeon’s 4-vol. Sermon Notes
- the 2-volume Salt Cellars
- Spurgeon’s 4-vol. Autobiography, the first and most detailed account of Spurgeon’s life and ministry
- a collection of Spurgeon’s letters and correspondence
- dozens of additional volumes on preaching, prayer, evangelism, and much more!
*And it gets even better. I said presently above because we’re still in the process of researching another dozen or so titles for possible inclusion in this collection. The best part is that if you pre-order now, you’ll be locked in at the lowest possible price, even if the price goes up to cover the additional cost.
So pre-order this unparalleled collection of the writings of C. H. Spurgeon now (and his sermons, too, if you don’t already have them), and get ready to take advantage of the power of Logos to integrate this wealth of material into your devotions, Bible studies, and sermons with ease.
Update (07/09/09): We’ve added 9 new titles to the collection, bringing the total up to 87!