Tip from CS: Make Sure You’re Up to Date

We’re starting a weekly blog contribution from our Customer Service department. In it you’ll learn a variety of tips to help you keep your copy of Logos Bible Software running smoothly. We hope you enjoy the series.

Today’s guest blogger is Elizabeth Sanborn, a member of our Customer Service team.

One problem we encounter often is when users install an outdated version of Libronix from an old disk onto a new computer running Windows Vista. Older versions of Libronix are not compatible Vista, so it’s essential that you install the most recent version, which is presently 3.0e.

Everyone should be running Libronix DLS 3.0e, regardless of which version of Windows you’re using. Products that were released earlier than 2008 won’t have the most recent version. You can save yourself a lot of time and effort either by installing directly from our website or by purchasing a media only disk, which is available for only $4.95 plus shipping.

If your version of Libronix is really old, you may need to purge off the old system instead of using Add/Remove programs. If that looks too complicated or scary, don’t hesitate to call us at 800-875-6467. We’d love to walk you through the process.

So this week’s tip is: make sure you’re installing the latest version on your new machine. More and more computers are coming with Vista, and we want to ensure that Libronix runs smoothly for you.

By the way, to find out what version of Libronix you are running, start Libronix and go to “Help” > “About Libronix DLS.” You’ll see this window pop up.

If you’re not running 3.0e or later, find out how you can easily get up to date—for free!

8 Responses to “Tip from CS: Make Sure You’re Up to Date”

1. David Heintzman December 15, 2008 at 6:47 am #

I just wanted to say that the customer service department at Logos is outstanding – something that is rare these days.
    In those few cases that I’ve had to contact them, they have always been extremely helpful, friendly, and have always stuck with me until the problem was resolved.
    I hope the folks in CS at Logos know how much their customers appreciate them!

2. carey pearson December 15, 2008 at 6:53 am #

Very good! I enjoy seeing all these tips and tricks you folks give us EVERY DAY. I am a fairly new user, so some tips etc. I might have forgotten and your blogs etc remind me of a forgotten shortcut etc. KEEP THEM COMING!

3. Ted Hans December 15, 2008 at 9:52 am #

For you Mac enthusiast i have a free Logos Bible Software for Mac engine to give away. First to respond gets it free – Happy Christmas :-)

4. Brad Nilsson December 15, 2008 at 10:55 am #

I’ll take it!

5. Ted Hans December 15, 2008 at 11:37 am #

Brad Nilsson it is yours stay tuned!

6. Ted Hans December 15, 2008 at 11:56 am #

Hi Brad,
    Hope you enjoy the mac engine! someone from Logos will be making contact with you. Happy Christmas & a happy new year in advance.
    Yours in Christ
    Ted

7. Ted Hans December 15, 2008 at 12:55 pm #

Hi Brad, I have spoken to Jared at Logos about sending you the Mac Engine.Make contact with him as he is not sure of your shipping address details.
    His details
    Jared W. Bryant
    Sales and Marketing
    (800) 875-6467 ext. 2319
    Fax: (360) 527-1707
    jared@logos.com

8. Nathan Parker December 16, 2008 at 8:05 pm #

What I highly recommend any Vista users (or any Logos user for that matter) is to get a copy of the 3.0e disc, and install it first, then install all of your other CD’s onto the machine, running a Libronix Update after you’re done. This seems to be the easiest way I’ve installed Libronix onto my new systems while eliminating all of the compatibility issues.