bbPress is free forum software from the makers of WordPress. Though it’s not as popular as some of the other options, it’s looks to be a nice, simple alternative to more complicated platforms. It also has the advantage of integrating nicely with WordPress.
The latest version of bbPress, 0.9.0.2, does not allow you to edit your theme from the admin panel, and no one has developed a RefTagger plugin yet either. So to add RefTagger, you’ll need to do it the old fashion way—via FTP access to your site’s files.
Here’s how to get it set up:
- Navigate to your bbPress folder.
- Open the bb-templates folder, and then open your theme’s folder. The default theme is kakumei.
- Locate footer.php and save a local copy (and a backup copy too).
- Open the file in Dreamweaver, WordPad or your favorite code editor.
- Scroll to the bottom and paste the customizable RefTagger code right before the </body> tag.
- Save the file and upload it back to your server.
You’re all set. RefTagger is now transforming your bbPress site.
If you’re using RefTagger on your bbPress site, send us an email and let us know!