Users often ask if there is a way to change the English font in Libronix. The default font is Times New Roman. If you’re like me, you have another font that you prefer. While it’s not a standard option, it is fairly easy to change your English font.
Here are the steps you will need to take:
- Open Libronix.
- Right click on the toolbar area and click on Customize.
- Click New to create a new toolbar.
- Leave the Category as Special, and click on Run Script Code.
- Click Add, give it a name like Change Font, and then click on Details.
- If you want, give it a name, select a style and icon, and assign a shortcut key.
- Paste the following Script Code into the box.
- Replace Minion Pro with the name of your favorite font. Be sure to use the exact name, which you can find in a program like Word.
- Click OK, OK, and Close.
- Click your new button (or use your shortcut key) to execute the script code.
That’s it. Your new font should now display. To change your font back, just edit your script code and insert Times New Roman. Create as many buttons on your new toolbar as you’d like. I choose to hide my toolbar after executing the script so that it’s not taking up toolbar space.
One caution: not all English fonts support the full range of characters used in Libronix. If you see boxes or other weird shapes, you’ve probably picked a font that’s lacking some necessary characters.
Here’s a brief video walking you through the 10 steps.
Note: you may need to view this post on a separate page to get all of the script code. Click the 06:00 AM below to do so.