Lightfoot’s Apostolic Fathers (English) Updated

Awhile back, we released the Apostolic Fathers in Greek and English (3 editions, with morphology).
In this collection, J.B. Lightfoot’s classic English translation was only versified to chapter boundaries. That’s the way it is in the print, so that’s how the Logos edition was done.
Or, I should say, that’s how it was originally done. We’ve updated the resource and added versification down to the verse level. So it should now synch-scroll properly. If the Lightfoot English translation is one’s preferred Apostolic Fathers edition, then it will keylink more accurately.
You can download the resource (APFTHLFTENG.lbxlls) from our FTP site: ftp://ftp.logos.com/lbxbooks/APFTHLFTENG.lbxlls. First, shut down your Logos Bible Software if it is running. Next, save the above referenced file to wherever you keep your resources on your hard drive (typically c:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources). Then start up your Logos, and you’re ready to go.
Enjoy!

9 Responses to “Lightfoot’s Apostolic Fathers (English) Updated”

1. David Mackey August 21, 2007 at 7:06 pm #

If we can download it from the FTP site, does that mean its free? Why use FTP, most users are much more familiar with HTTP? (Even though most modern browsers can handle basic FTP operations).
    [[David -- the update is free to those who already have the Apostolic Fathers product, it is just downloading a new form of the resource. We maintain an FTP site with all of the resources that we distribute at ftp://ftp.logos.com/lbxbooks; one may download directly from the site, monitor the site using standard FTP tools, or use update scripts provided by Logos to grab new resources. -- Rick]]

2. Dale Durnell August 22, 2007 at 6:41 pm #

Thanks Rick — and oh by the way, I appreciate the email telling me about the Blog and the updated resources.

3. George Lyons August 22, 2007 at 7:04 pm #

Thanks! This helps explain why you have loyal users.

4. Bryden Black August 22, 2007 at 8:00 pm #

Nice and simple! well done folks! Tho’ I do still use the old Schaff lot as well, as also found in DLS

5. Goran Lennartsson August 22, 2007 at 10:05 pm #

I find the Apostolic Fathers very useful.

6. Patrick August 22, 2007 at 10:21 pm #

windows won’t let me open this,,,not sure what to do
    Pat
    [[Pat -- there are brief instructions on copying and saving the file at the bottom of the post. -- Rick]]

7. Marcus Baird August 23, 2007 at 6:01 am #

So a regular update will not retrieve the new file?
    [[Marcus -- My understanding is that the update script [http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd] draws from this source nightly, so the regular resource update script should do the update. — Rick]]

8. Donald P. Owens, Jr., Ph.D. August 23, 2007 at 6:33 am #

My computer hard drive has crashed. Therefore I am not able to get this update until my new one arrives (could be two weeks). Can I get a rain check on this?
    thanks
    Donald Owens

9. Charles L. Collett August 23, 2007 at 8:49 am #

Thanks for the update and info on how to download. It worked well I think. I sure enjoy the LIbronix system.
    Thanks