I love being a dad and one of my favorite moments every day is when I get home after work and my daughters, aged 2 and 4, run to the door with hugs and squeals of delight. Makes a guy feel like a hero.
It can also be a bit overwhelming, as the girls often try to outdo one another in relating the news of the day. There’s just so much to tell and all of it is highly important.
As we attempt to convey all the stuff that’s happening at Logos I sometimes feel like my daughters. We have so much to communicate and everything is important, at least to some slice of our constituents. Though we do try to keep the squealing to a minimum.
There’s certainly a risk ofinflicting information overload.But even with the blog, NewsWire, newsgroups, and alerts within Libronixwe often have to leave things unsaid.
A classic example: with the massive influx of new prepublication titles it’s easyto lose track ofwhat’s been added to the prepublication page. That means eager customers who pre-order a title may wait longer for the title to gain enough support to move into production. Many of these titles would go straight into production if we could just deliver the message to allthe interested people (without swamping everyone else).
Announcing…Special Interest Lists
The NewsWire email service will always remain the best way to stay current on the latest sales, specials, and new products from Logos. It’s for everyone and if you pay attention to nothing else from us, you should be sure to open NewsWire when it hits your inbox.
But now you canreceive additional announcements in areas of special interest. The four newemail lists described below will ensure that you’re hearing about the titles that are most important to you.
We also hope that opening up this new communication channel will prevent some of the more “niche” titles from getting lost in the shuffle, giving them an extra boost and moving them into production more directly.
The four new lists you can subscribe to are:
- Greek Interest – News, product announcements, and updates for those who work with the Greek language.
- Hebrew Interest – Ditto, but for Hebrew.
- Other Ancient Languages Interest – Ditto, but for “other ancient languages” such as Aramaic, Latin, Syriac, Coptic, Ugaritic, Armenian, Georgian, Gothic, Ethiopic, Old Church Slavonic.
- Academic Interest – This list is not related to the academic purchase program. It’s for people who have a strong interest in scholarly books that tend to interact heavily with the literature of biblical studies.For example, theLibrary of NT Studies: JSNTS on Paulor Barth’s Church Dogmatics.
We haven’t sent the first mailing to any of these lists yet, but you can sign up now and get in from the beginning. If you don’t find it to be useful, you can always unsubscribe later.
Hint: Be sure to follow all the steps below, as these are double opt-in lists.
Sign Up Now!
- Visit your My Subscriptions page at Logos.com to view and subscribe to available email lists. (You can always get there again later from My Account, linked at the top-right corner of the website.)
- Check the box next to each subscription you want to receive.
- Click the “Update Subscriptions” button at the bottom. Your computer will think for a few seconds as the server subscribes/unsubscribes you appropriately.
- Important:at this point, a Confirm button appears. You’re not subscribed until you click Confirm!(Note: The Macintosh Interest list requires separate confirmation.)
- Once you’ve confirmed your subscription(s), the My Subscriptions page will show a checkmark by each mailing you’ll receive. The list manager will send you another email letting you know you’re subscribed and confirmed.